Missing Control Bindings

Hey all, I’m not sure if this is the best placve to ask but I could not find a better place to start… I have a streamDec XL and I’m wprking to program it for control. I have a lot of the functions I want working but I am trying to find the Binding commander to adjust the altimeter increase and decrease. I can set it to area QNH using the B keyboard key but cannot find anything that would see to adjust this up or down. Am I missing something or is something missing? Is there a better place to ask this question?

Thanks, Phil

Hello,
I have similar problem. I’m trying to replicate G1000 knobs - and apparently there are no key bindings i.e. for nav knob press (toggle active nav selection) or com knob press.
As above - it’s me, or it is common problem?

Cheers!

Try Spad.Next. It is a payware Sim Connect interface initially developed as a replacement driver for Saitek/Logitech Panels, but also supports, several other brands, generic game controllers, and in the last update StreamDeck panels.

It might feel a bit intimidating at first. But once you get the gist of it, you’ll be able to bind many functions that are not available through in game controller setting GUI.

OK so coming back to the Increase / Decrease Altimeter settings are actually present. They are in instruments “Kollsman” Thus far I have only tested it on the 152 and std 172. I have a couple of others I’m still searching for but my Streamdeck XL is totaly proving its worth. I’m beginning to look at how I can drive SimComnnect with it. I’ll add more as I learn more.

You can also use fsuipc7 beta (free at the moment) and do a log trace on the mouse action to see what event is being triggered.

1 Like

Hi there I too have been wanting to control those knobs. Going on their Spad.next forum there is a thread confirming that there is currently no outside access to those controls. If anyone knows different please let me know.

Which knob of, which aircraft? Did you tried Event Monitor of SpadNext to check which commands are linked to the virtual cockpit switches you like to control?

Following Roufinators comment I have been Using FSUIPC7 to find Bindings but there are many missing for the G1000 implementations. The Spinning heading bug and loss of keyboard control is really frustrating. But I now have a good set of Buttons for my StreamDeck now that makes life much easier.
I dug into the Dev Mode functions and can confirm several of the G1000 produce no externally facing messages to SimConnect and cannot accessed at present. None of the G1000 FMS, SoftKeys or Range Pointer functions are available.

Yea G1000 functions are not linked yet. Apart from Nav and Com functions, which are kinda working due to generic radio connections.

Funny thing is it really is relatively simple to make those working. It wouldn’t take too much of an effort for Asobo to do it. Instead, developers like RealsimGear coming up with their solutions editing the default aircraft with custom solutions, that can not be used with other software. That means several developers, each with their own solutions will edit the aircrafts, leaving us with a great mess of duplicate addons. Add shiet ton of fix mods on top of that. And we’ll have an hour long loading screen, if it can load at all :slight_smile:

IMO, Asobo should stop losing time with quality of life changes, like Press any key screen. Instead they should focus on completing SDK, and implementing proper sim connect linking asap. Which are key to payware and freeware addon development and community enhancements. Longer they wait on those missing foundations, more developers will consort to custom and external solutions, which will more likely to cause conflicts between those solutions in the future.

While they are at it, they should consider unlocking the encoded configuration files for deluxe and premium aircrafts, so those can also be developed by community. I am sure they can still DRM the key components that does not need editing, to prevent pirating.

2 Likes

I discovered that there is some progress. I can Toggle GPS drives Nav1 to select GPS or VOR and I suspect the functions exist to toggle between VOR1 and 2 by keyboard commands but I have not yet discovered the correct bindings and key sequences to switch between VOR1&2. The one sequence to switch from GPS to VOR1 or VOR 2 is all I need to make it all work. I’m wondering if I need to have an active VOR tuned for VOR 1 and 2 to get that switch to work?
When I click the CDI Button FSUIPC7 shows the simconnect key press but I cannot work out which actual command binding in the FS2020 controls UI that relates to. In have found the keybinding but that does not result in the action that the CDI mouse click yields. I am so close to having all the essential AP function on my Streamdeck, yet so far. :wink:

@SStinger2k2, can you expand some on how to do this? I have FSUIPC installed and connected. The console is up. I expected it to display some values in the console when I clicked various buttons in the sim, but nothing appears on the console. Do I have to connect with the WebSocket server?

What options do you have ticked in the log to display? Also bear in mind that not all button events are opened up for us to use at present so it is possible that the event will not show due to this. Try it with an event that you know can bebassigned first.

Cheers
Stinger

1 Like

With Mobiflight and Air Manager you can now get the majority of the G1000 functionality that is missing.