Missing Vágar International Airport (EKVG/FAE), Faroe Islands

Noel Phillips, famed YouTube globe-hopping airline reviewer, recently did a video where he flew into the Faroe Islands (FAE). He said that it was one of the most remarkably beautiful approaches he’s witnessed (and he’s been to the airport at Mt. Everest). So I decided to take the MFS A320neo out for a spin from Scotland to the Faroe Islands and when I arrived, much to my dismay, the runway was a mere hilltop although the airport buildings appear to be there.
Who had the temerity to tear up a perfectly good and quite scenic international airport runway!!??
BTW, A320neos don’t land well on hilltops.

If you look at the Bing Map, the image is very low resolution and it prevented the game AI from generating airport.

Same happened to many airports around the world with Military presence.

Harumph!! Says I with much vehemence. They managed to put in Mattala Rajapaksa and Bing can’t even find it when you search for it in the search box (and no one goes there).

Oh, so that’s why there are missing airports? Very interesting!

You mean Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport, Hambantota, Southern, Sri Lanka?
It doesn’t matter if you can search it or not… what matters is the resolution of the satellite image.

Faroe Islands is missing it’s airport Vagar. And the textures and mesh has to be something of the worst i have see in the sim until now. The rest of the world from what I have seen except Antarctica and the coloring of Maldives is really good.
I believe the Seychelles also suffers from this. Haven’t found it yet

1 Like

Antarctica has a missing airport too. The only one existing, as far as I know.

I hope that they fix this with the world updates which should be coming in the future

Interesting you posted this. Last week before launch, my Bing image of the day was the Kalsoy Island lighthouse. I had to visit. Tried to load in at this airport too and noticed it was missing. Texture surprised me too.

Yeah, and i think it’s a shame really. In my opinion the Faroe Islands are almost just as interesting as Iceland. So we need Vagar airport and good satt image of the area :slight_smile:

1 Like

EKVG Airport, Faroe Islands do not seem to be mapped. any reason?

Microsoft did say they will not correct or add some airports to give opportunity for 3rd party designers to make them, Im gutted too Faroe is one big mess

Well they could of given us a basic airport.

1 Like

I agree especially as iconic as Faroe but since entire island need fixing they just covered it with grass.

We wait with hope then.

You can always report missing airports to the Zendesk. Whether or not they will do anything with this information is different, but I am sure they have a list of missing airports they can work on in the future :wink:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

1 Like

Ok, Thank you.

1 Like

It appears EGVK airport is missing from the database.

1 Like

Yeah seen that too, it can be an issue if the bing map data wasn’t to a good standard the devs/ai won’t draw the airport

Unsure if it’s clouds or just sattelite not programmed to take pictures there. It’s a real shame because the tropical islands and Faroe Islands are among some of the most interesting places to go to I think.
I’m hoping for a fix under the world updates Asobo has mentioned