Missing Vágar International Airport (EKVG/FAE), Faroe Islands

Work in progress: https://github.com/simholdshort/airports But you can take off and land in GA airplanes :smiley:

Oh boy! So sad.

:frowning_face:

I was planning to do a round the world trip starting of from my local airport EGHI, I was going to use Vagar airport (EKVG) on the Faroe islands, it is the only airport there so I was surprised to see it is not included in the game.
Is it worth reporting that?

The satellite imagery of that airport on Bing maps is so poor, it’s likely the reason it wasn’t picked up by the AI.
Can’t hurt to make a zendesk ticket about this. Might make it in one of the world updates.

1 Like

There a scenery of the Vagar airport uploaded last week

2 Likes

Cheers, done that, see what happens, I think they have more important things to fixx so could b a while but hopefully in time it will be.

1 Like

Cheers, just downloaded it, hopefully I have added it correct, I’m still getting used to downloading things, some files seem easier than others but for the most it seems to be a case of just putting the file in community folder so I shall have a look to see if it works.

1 Like

Yep it is there! Thank you for pointing this out to me, and thanks to Superspud for making it!

1 Like

Looking very good, now I will probably buy this Simulator…

I’m on my way in my Cessna 172 G1000 from EHRD to CYVR. My 5th lag was from northern Schotland to EGBP on one of the islands halfway towards Iceland. From there I wanted to cruise to the beautiful Faroe Islands, a great stopover on my next destination in Iceland. To my surprise and disappointment, I found out that the airport on the Faroe Islands (EKVG) does not exist at all in FS2020. This means that I have a very long flight ahead of me, direct to BIRK… (just told my wife I can’t cook supper tonight…)

You can get a freeware EKVG here: EKVG - Vagar Airport - Faroe Islands - Upgrade » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Wow, thanks!! Appreciate the link!

1 Like

You’re welcome, happy flying! (Guess you can cook the dinner after all :stuck_out_tongue: )

Thanks but less happy now. After installing the (mandatory) update this evening my system crashes far too often. Mid-flight, after 3 hrs in the air. No error messages, nothing. Great patch from MS! They fix one problem and create the next one… Didn’t have any problems before this update… Pretty frustrating and annoying…

That sucks :frowning:

last day i tried to fly to EKVG airport, but i couldn’t because it didn’t exist, please fix it in the next patch

THANK YOU

Don’t forget to file a Zendesk ticket. That’s the only way you can get this request or bug/glitch to the Development Team for consideration.

I’ve made a version here. Drop it into the community folder and away you go - EKVG - Vagar Airport - Faroe Islands - Upgrade » Microsoft Flight Simulator

If you’re a Navigraph user you may find it unusable at the moment as its data clashes with this one’s. And I still can’t figure out the advanced navigation stuff myself so that’s missing.

Can confirm its really good love it :smiley:

did a landing there last week - Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - Challenging Vagar Approach - YouTube

1 Like

I flew the Savage from Belgium to Faroe islands, hopping via the east coast of the UK. On the way, many airfields were missing, occasionally I diverted to nearby fields which turned out to also be missing.

I consistently report all the missing airfields to Zendesk. There’s also a thread here that tries to list missing airports, but I have a feeling that’s going to be a big list.

I wish there would be at least a runway, even if that’s all there is. I hope the approach of only relying on Bing is revised and some other datasets are used as a fallback.