Missing Vágar International Airport (EKVG/FAE), Faroe Islands

I put this together. I think the latest update has broken all the navigation stuff, not that there was much I put in there. But it is an airport with a runway.

1 Like

That looks great, thanks for the tip! How long does it take you to “put that together”? I tried it once and didn’t even manage to get a runway to show up :man_facepalming:

It was a long time ago now and there were many different versions. I had a lot of terrain problems and maybe they’re not completely solved.

If started from nothing again maybe 30-40 hours for a smaller place like that? I know a lot more now though so it must have been much more.

It’s well worth trying. It’s a lot of fun and there are some great tutorials now.

There are no taxiways, apron, etc at this airport

EKVG airport is missing. It the unique airport of the Faroe Islands.

Hello. I have a little problem when I wana flying to vagar airport (EKVG) I install the scenery there is NO database for the airport:. the FMC recognise the airport code but there is no any airport data. So how can I do to fix that?

Good Day!

When will you be adding Faroe Island? I’m sure there are many of us who would love to land on Faroe Island.

Is this even in the works?

Thanks!

Have a look here:

Thanks so much!

It doesn’t address the landscape of the islands but at least the airport is there. Let’s hope someone will add the surroundings too.

1 Like

The Faroe Islands is technically part of the Nordics, therefore in scope for the next world update.

In a livestream they said they have some proper Faroese data now so it should be properly sorted out with the Nordic update.

There’s nothing much you can do with the existing terrain as it is. It’s too blank. Not that it’ll matter soon.

Vagar is now also visible on Bing Maps when it wasn’t when the sim launched so I expect that to be added as a standard airport too.