Missing Steam Gauge Cessna 172?

I own the Premium Deluxe version of the sim on Xbox. I just watched a YouTube video that mentioned there is a steam gauge 172 on all versions other than the standard, but it doesn’t seem to appear in my Aircraft selection menu.

Can someone with an Xbox please check? Do you have a steam gauge 172?

(Sim fully updated, no pending downloads, and I’m sure I have the Premium Deluxe version because I have access to those aircraft that are not available in the standard edition)

Yes, 172 Steam comes with Deluxe and Premium Deluxe.

Do you see it listed as installed in the Content Manager? If so, perhaps remove and re-install?

I’m not seeing it in the content manager. I actually just did a full reinstall this week because of another issue. I’ve had the sim since Xbox launch/SU5 and have only ever had 3 172s to choose from (skies, pontoons, and standard/glass cockpit).

Are you on Xbox or PC? I’m trying to rule out the possibility it was not released on Xbox for some reason.

I’m on PC but not aware of some aircraft not available on XBOX so I don’t believe that is the issue.

And in the content manager, you have downloaded all the updates (that is where the delux / premium deluxe content come from).

I also have Premium, but on PC.

When I last re-installed MSFS, it installed the Standard version, and then I had to go into Content manager to get my entitled to, Premium content. (and MS-Markeyt Place purchased content)

If I had not done that, I would not have had the Premium Content installed, including the C172 Steam (That is a Premium Content aircraft)

1 Like

searched ‘missing 172’ and found your post. Mine is also missing! Can’t find it from World Map/Aircraft, although the g1000 version is still there.

Tried deleting it from content manager (it was listed there) and re-downloading, didn’t work. Deleted Deluxe Upgrade there, and now it lists as ‘ERROR:3’ and won’t redownload.

1 Like

I tried to Google “ERROR:3 MSFS”, but nothing came up for me !!!

Sorry to hear that … don’t have any idea what happened there.
If MSFS run, I would enjoy it till the next Update in 2022 ?, and then, rather than update, do a 100% clean install ( assuming your Internet bandwidth can stand it).

Until then, maybe someone else has a better idea, what will work for you.

My Mooney is missing. Looked in the MP and see it was for sale. Looks like I could buy it back again. This is robbery. I spent an hour trying all things to get it back. If I havn’t already spent a ton of time dealing with the bugs in this game. Its like our time isn’t valuable to them.

@MSFLYER @N6722C thanks. Looks like a microsoft server issue, saw a post about it on their discord about missing content.

1 Like

I too am missing the 172 with steam gauges. It was there yesterday and gone today. I use it to fly instrument approaches as steam gauges is what I’m use to. Didn’t do anything different to the sim. From what I’ve read, something odd is going on that the company is looking into. Hopefully it’s a quick fix and we won’t have to wait until next year…

Just loaded up the sim and what da you know, my 172 with steam gauges is back… don’t know if the company fixed something or just a coincidence…

They fixed it.