Missing TACAN station

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

No

Brief description of the issue:

Unable to pick up Fairford (FFA) TACAN no problems (that I am aware of) with other TACAN stations.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

NA

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Tried with another aircraft with TACAN and same issue.
Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

NA

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Sufficient, Honeycomb Alpha yoke and Honeycomb Bravo Throttles, Logitech radio, Logitech rudder pedals, Thrustmaster TCA (Airbus) Joystick

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons: NA

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Current

I noticed this issue yesterday using the Just Flight Vulcan (nothing wrong with the aircraft as it happens using other aircraft) but it was working OK the day before, I have not made any changes to my sim . It’s not to do with range as it wont detect it even from just a few miles away, I am using the correct frequency (81X) no bearing indicator, no range showing, its as if FFA does not exist, although it shows on my VFR map. No problem with picking up other TACAN stations and VOR appears to be unaffected. Someone already tested it and they said it’s working for them so I cannot understand why this is only affecting me, any suggestions greatly appreciated.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

The FFA TACAN is recognized by the GNS530 but the 2 bearing indicators of the M20R are not reacting
Instead fo “Missing” I would say “Inactive” TACAN station
I don’t have Navigraph.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

FFA TACAN exists:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Do you have Navigraph installed in the sim?

I’m sorry to sound like I am dumb but I don’t understand what that means, having navigraph installed in the sim, I have paid for a basic navigraph so I can use simbrief to create flight plans but I dont think thats installed in the sim.

Yes, you are correct, inactive is more correct than missing, I did not know how to correctly word it.
At least I know it is not just me. Doesn’t really fix it though, for the meantime I will just use the Brize Norton TACAN, that’s pretty close to FFA

1 Like

What are you flying? Most non-military planes don’t have TACAN receivers and can only tune into the DME (distance measuring) component if given the frequency; in a civilian GA plane it’s expected you’ll get no bearing information from a TACAN that’s not a VORTAC.

1 Like

First noticed the problem with the Vulcan, tried with a Hawk and same issue. They both pick up other TACAN stations with no problem.

1 Like

I’ll fire something up and take a look… :smiley:

Confirmed I can see FFA (113.400 / 81X) in the F-15C with Navigraph nav data installed. Will try again with it removed.

…and same with Navigraph data removed. F-15C tuned to 81X on the runway at EGVA sees the FFA TACAN with bearing and distance.

1 Like

Ok that is probably part of your problem.
If you make a plan in Simbrief (which is owned by and uses Navigraph), unless you install the Navigraph into the sim, there will be different sets of Data, as the sim uses NavBlue.
For that you need to get the free Navigraph Hub.
That will allow you to install the current Nav Data to the sim, and both Simbrief and the sim will have the same Data.
It also will install the current Navigraph data in a lot of the third party aircraft such as the PMDG 737.
That way the fmc will be using the same data.
It’s easy to use, everything you want to install to is a one click operation.

Only I have not used simbrief to create a flight plan, I uise that for commercial aviation, for GA and military I use LNM but in these cases i have not been using a flight plan.

1 Like

If Little Nav Map is set up to use the current Navigraph Data, it will not agree with the sim either.
I highly recommend you get and use this.

Just looking in my community folder it appears i do have Navigraph installed inj there, 2 folders navigraph navdata and navdata base but like i said i have not used it for the flights where I have encountered this issue.

1 Like

If it’s in your community folder, you are using it.
One piece more of advice, always uninstall before every SU, and reinstall after the update is finished!

1 Like

Cheers, I will kep thjat in m ind, there was actually an update earlier, not sure what that was, maybe its fixed the issue now, I’ll find out tomorrow, I have done enough flying today (just got the Justflight Warrior II because I have flown one IRL, well I took the controls for a few minutes!) No problem with VORS at least!

1 Like

Did not know that, thank you for clarifying. So looks like this report does not appears to be a bug.

1 Like

If it doesn’t work in the Vulcan it may be a bug, but it’s not a bug if it doesn’t work in a little GA plane. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Topic moved from Bug Reports, as this does not appear to be an MSFS issue.
If the issue persists, you may want to contact the developer