Missions like FSX

Agreed. I just completed my first flight with ‘Neofly’ and it adds that missing dimension. Makes all the difference having a reason, limitations and goals. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve only done one flight on the new 1.4 version, so very much a newbie with it, but so far so good.

From the very little I have seen it could have a lot of potential. I actually quite like the bright UI too.

Looking forward to future improvements and enhancements.

1 Like

After a few more missions I can say that it really is a worthy add-on to fs2020! Especially as it’s also free/donation.

Just did a mission to take a Dr to a road accident, had to land in a field. So far having a lot of fun with it! Also enjoying working up to buying a better aircraft.

I hope you both enjoy it as much as I am! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Appreciate your positive feedback on those. I did a couple more designs since then, also just saw that LevelCapGaming spoke about & showed them in a video that 300k people have watched. So hopefully someone at Asobo watched that. Here’s all of them.

26 Likes

Wow! I would pre-order this!!!

7 Likes

So would I!!

3 Likes

yep! I gotta say I loved the missions in the FSX expansion and gold set.

I got a nice UFO screenshot while flying the contractors out to Area 51 and also the V wedge coming just prior to making the approach :slight_smile:

ps: I seem to have lost my Triangle approach shot.

Yet doing a zoom in from another angle it looks like Bob Lazar’s “sports model” who coined the term in Ufology :laughing:

There were many nice missions which also talked you through lots of bits which helps those new to flight sim and made the flight hours increase by 10 fold.

The lack of missions or dialog in MSFS2020 is pain staking at times but new things are being added all the time yet it can be a tough job being patient.

3 Likes

Yes please, more missions the better. FSX Gold was gold and it sure did bring a stack of entertainment value along with learning value to using the sim and some world scenarios.

If there was a mission pack I would certainly consider ordering it if it could out do the FSX missions with voice and character added annotations among it.

Definately agree, the Missions in FSX where the most exciting part of the Sim. I have been asking for this since FS2020 was released, I don’t understand why the delay, it would certainly attract more pilots that’s for sure!

Few missions already created by community:

I will release new today, so check bush mission on flight sim.to
1 Like

Great. Thank you.

The main reason I bought FSX was for the Missions, because they were so engaging and fun.
My favorites were:
Civil Air Patrol Search
Denali Base Camp Charter
Africa Relief
I pre-ordered MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe hoping for similar “story” missions.
I would gladly purchase a new “Xtreme Adventures” Mission pack, if it became available.

2 Likes

I too purchased FS 2020 hoping for the same or a similar Missions structure as FSX, I am still waiting. I have flown a few times in the game, first to find my home and to a few places around the world that I have been to in real life, just to try and see whether they are closer to real life than FSX was, and all in all they are quite good in FS 2020 and definately more realistic, a vast improvement! But at ground level, pretty awful! as I expected. I have not played now for over 6 months, just waiting for somethings to improve, i.e mainly Missions. I have a X570 32Gb memory fast PC playing on a large 1440p curved 144htz monitor, so maybe my expectations are too high.

Enjoy :slightly_smiling_face:

Ya boi just wants some missions, none of that bush flying stuff.

Lets take it back to FSX days

2 Likes

Does anyone have information if Microsoft/Asoba plans to integrate FSX style missions?
Maybe for xbox launch it would make sense at latest…

Missions are likely on their roadmap but not coming any time soon, unless it’s a surprise for the Xbox release. Asobo have been looking to hire mission designers for quite some time now, and updated the position just a few days ago.

https://www.asobostudio.com/careers/mission-designer-flight-sim-72

1 Like

Yes I absolutely whole heartedly agree, Missions like the ones in FSX would be a great addition to MSFS2020. Don’t get me wrong I love this sim but there does need to be more to do than just fly around. Even more new and exciting landing challenges would get great! I love what we have but we are rarely getting anything new and when we do it is not much. Please, please, please add more activites, missions, whatever to this.

5 Likes

This really needs to be upvoted more

3 Likes

Would love something like this for MSFS. It’s beginning to become a little stale to be honest

1 Like