Mixed reality error when starting sim

I keep getting this message when opening msfs and can’t go any farther. I also seem to be going in circles when following recommendations for fixing the problem. I do not use headsets or headphones when on the simulator.
Is there a fix for this? All advice gratefully received.

Moved to Tech Talk which is more appropriate :+1:

Thank you for that, was not sure which category to use!

1 Like

Check to see if you accidently turned on VR mode.

when I press any button,the message appears . Sometimes it is already on screen when opening up the last two windows,Either way, pressing the ok button on the error message does nothing…closing down with task manager.

A bit of a longshot, but how about checking all your controller assignments to make sure you do not have a hardware switch set as the VR on off to go?

I started getting that error with update 1.33.8.0 and I use tobii head tracker 5. So one would think I shouldn’t be getting this error. Except the tobii isn’t listed as a supported item once I loaded mixed reality from the ms store. I at least can just click ok to continue the game. It is quite annoying when I switch off the head tracking and vise versa.

Thanks for your input fishboal68 and welcome,
I have tried loading the ms mixed reality onto my computer but not actually using VR, I do not have a headset, I can’t go any further. This message totally locks me out of the flight simulator!

I Have the same problem. Any solution ?

I have just got into the fs by tapping the enter button twice and leaving by esc. Do not press the mouse,or the error window appears, just position the cursor in the area/ programme you want and press enter on the key board. Will post any progress I have !
No joy so far, when I get to ready to fly part, pressing the fly button returns me to the options window. Also noticed that on the vr mode none of the options light up when the cursor is on them,so cannot swith off the vr mode …if that makes sense!

I think I have the solution to this issue! I got into controls option and scrolled through the mouse selector, I found one of the mouse programmes set for vr toggle and vr assign/turn off. I deleted both…back on track again.

Thanks going to try that.

1 Like

For me it ended up being key bindings for the keyboard, VR- Activate/Deactivate VR mode. I deleted that, an bingo, no more messages.

1 Like

Had this issue today (which is how i found and resurrected this post!) and no matter what i did i would get the popup. Sorted the issue by maximising the window (top right, middle icon, yeah that one). It was that simple!