Modding Resources: Modifying C172 JT-A G1000 to G3X with G5 Standby, GTN650 and GFC500

Hi,
please accept my apologies should I be in the wrong place to ask. My flying club is presently rejuvenating our oldest 172S to get a CD-155 engine and G3X/GTN650/GFC500 avionics.
A small group of us is trying to build a procedure designer for it. There’s a mod on flightsim.to (C172 JT-A for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS) by mrtommymxr which would be the desired base.
I’ve tried to amend the panel.cfg/panel.xml and the interior.xml to change the G1000 to the G3X, similar to the X Cub. Unfortunately it doesn’t appear to be that easy and straight-forward.
Could you point me in the right direction where it would be appropriate to discuss these things and ask questions?

This is not a Technical Support Response

You might want to wait for SU15 to move to Production, so you can access the new G3X instead of the Asobo legacy one present in SU14 today.

As for resources, well MrTommyMxr himself is sometimes on the forum, but likely is spending more time at COWS since he’s a co-developer of the new payware DA42. They have a Discord, you can try there.

Working Title has a complete Avionics framework channel on their Discord as well, intended for developers to talk to Matt and the team about the Garmins and the other FMS they’ve developed for Asobo - very nice crew.

Finally - there’s the official DevSupport forum which is the Developer equivalent to the MSFS forum here - also run by Microsoft and staffed by Asobo. Although as a new (?) developer, you’ll probably get responses from peer third party developers like Raul (FSReborn) and others.

Good luck!

2 Likes