Model Instruments Kai Tak removed for XBox?

Before the 40th anniversary update, I was using the Kai Tak created by Model Instruments. I did a clean install last week and noticed it was missing from my content manager. When I went on my brothers PC I saw it was available.

Any help/reason as to why it was removed from XBox?

Kai Tak (VHHX) wasn’t removed.
It is still in the sim.

I confirmed that with NixonRedgrave, one of the forums top users, and an Xbox person himself. It is still available in his Xbox.
Kai Tak was issued with SU11, the 40th Anniversary Edition

This is his response:

“That is extremely unusual.
I have zero idea how that would happen.
Reinstalling on Xbox is a big deal, since you can’t just move or rename the Content directory.
It will involve redownloading all Marketplace content and the loss of any custom camera settings and some other very basic settings like Traffic sliders and the Rolling Cache.”

So it may not be the answer you want, but the solution can be done.

1 Like

The default version that came from SU11 I do still have installed and don’t think it can be removed since it’s hidden.

The version I’m talking about was a third party version that was sold in the marketplace which I had paid for and was using on the XBox version before the 40th anniversary released. It is still available on the PC marketplace and I can download it there, but when I look to install it on my XBox it doesn’t show up since it looks like it’s PC only now.

Happy to share screenshots if that helps.

1 Like

I also did a clean install a few weeks ago and can confirm that Kai Tak Airport by Model Instruments can neither be found in the marketplace nor in the content manager! It’s gone! Only Redwing’s version is still listed in the marketplace! Edit: I found it in the marketplace! It says I own it but it’s not available on my platform!!??

Maybe contact the author? He has several methods at the bottom of his webpage including a Forum, E-Mail, Twitter and YouTube.

https://modelinstruments.com

1 Like

Thanks for linking and will do. Wasn’t sure the contact info but that is helpful.

1 Like

An update for the other XBox users. The creator got back to me and said the XBox version was removed because of the issue with double textures and the non-allowance of removing the default airports on console right now. He tried discussing with Asobo but there wasn’t a solution given as to how to fix it in the current state.

He did say if there was an interest and people were willing to look past the double texture issue, he’d consider putting it back up, but was hesitant due to all the complaints. Also if the XBox version gets the ability to remove default airports via Content Manager (similar to PC), then it will be put back up on the Marketplace for XBox users.

1 Like