Moffett Field Naval Air Station

The USA upgrade is great - lots of detailed places to visit. Of course the San Francisco Bay Area was rendered in high quality before anyway but it also looks better (and a detailed Alcatraz has helped too).
But Moffett field has possibly the world’s biggest hangars - meant for airships - as well as the NASA Ames facility. Missing those things (had them on previous MSFS-es so a detailed Moffett is on my wishlist.
And, generally, famous huge airship hangars at Cardington in UK and Friedrichshafen in Germany would be nice too.

I recently flew around Moffett Field and was surprised to see the World Famous Hanger 1 projected in Flight Sim as a 1-Story Building. What’s with that? During airshows and the Annual Open House weekends that used to be hosted there, Hot Air Balloons would float up and down inside the Giant Hanger. In fact, the Hanger was stripped down a few years back as part of a restoration project for the Historical Landmark. I truly hope Microsoft brings Hanger 1 to the visual icon it is. Hanger 1 and its two smaller Airship Hangers across the runways should be fully rendered. They are visible for miles. Please do these buildings justice Microsoft.

4 Likes

Wishlist for MSFS. Add all large airship hangars in the world still standing. I would guess it’s about a dozen only?

3 Likes

And give us some airships to fly out of them.

Note there’s a freeware airport scenery add-on for Moffet Field, which looks like it’s pulled the hangars from Google Maps or something. I haven’t tried it myself yet but it’s on my todo list. :smiley:

[File description is mysteriously only in French.]

1 Like