Monitors: Ultrawide vs Super Ultrawide vs Triple Monitors?

I’ve got two Acer EI491CR Monitors, arranged vertically. They are49", curved, 3840x1080, and have a 120mhz refresh rate. I got the first one a couple of years ago (maybe 6 months after MSFS came out). When I first saw the box, I thought…uh oh. Pulled it out and set it up, and man that thing was wide. (insert all the appropriate “That’s what she said” comments, please) :slight_smile:

I wasn’t only using the monitor for gaming, but also for work. I got used to having all the extra screen real estate. In January of this year, I added the 2nd one. I had to find a vertical mount that would support them (this one) - it supports up to 22lbs per monitor, and the EI491CRs are 25lbs each…so it’s a little “out of spec” but so far no problems.

I went from a GeForce RTX 2070Super to an RTX 3090Ti a month or so ago. Even pushing the two monitors, I am not even pushing the card yet I don’t think. (I am going to try the thing where you output in a higher resolution and then (downscale?) to the monitor’s resolution and see what that does.

At the moment, the multi-monitor support is just goofy for me. If I could “tell” MSFS what view I wanted to display it might be different - will have to wait for that.

3 Likes