Monsoon mission ILS and other bugs

I’m trying to play the “monsoon (FSX)” mission and it is completely buggy.

about half of the time I start in the wrong position. Sometimes near the ground where I immediately crash, sometimes it seems to be the correct spot but somehow I point in the opposite direction. Once it seems like I started right above the airport where I was supposed to land…

But if everything works out I get to the final approach, flaps 30, landing gear down, correct speed, 2500 feet as instructed. But the ILS indicators don’t show up on the flight display. At some point the instructor says “we captured the glide slope”, the flight display shows LOC and G/S but the plane doesn’t follow the glide slope, at least not until we are essentially above the runway and then suddenly it does a nose dive.

Something is very wrong with this mission.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

See abbove

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Play the mission

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Cant catch ILS (glideslope and loc), MCDU is off so i cant put in ILS. Cant reach mission goal to land with no visuals.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

play the mission

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU11 primary release

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Once I had the problem, that my heading at start was incorrect, but my FMC worked.

Usually my heading is correct, but the FMC is off and I don’t know, where to set the nav data for us?

If I start this mission, the 747 is on the ground in the middle of the trees at 248’ - we’re not even flying!

1 Like

Yes. Yesterday I tried this mission a few times. The FMC is off (nowhere to put the ILS frequency) and when the instructor says “we captured the glideslope” there’s no localizer or glideslope indicators to follow on the FMS, and you’re already too close and too energetic to land.

The mission at Princess Juliana is also bugged. The A310 starts at a very low speed and it dives immediately, but even if I quickly recover and follow the vectors and speeds as instructed, after two turns ATC never issues the final vector/clearance into the airport, and you pass far beyond the island in complete radio silence, unless you deviate from the assigned altitude in which case you’re told you’re a “little low”, but no new vectors.

1 Like

Yes

The FMC is off (nowhere to put the ILS frequency) and when the instructor says “we captured the glideslope” there’s no localizer or glideslope indicators to follow on the FMS

Yes

FMC is off at the start and lights don’t work. Cycling all lights with the keyboard (pressing L) turns on the lights and allows me to adjust them, and turns on the FMC. After that, you still can’t make any adjustments or inputs to the FMC. PFD won’t display the ILS. Sometimes the mission starts with me on the ground in trees.

Yes

The conditions at the start of the mission are very inconsistent. I’ve experienced starting at the correct starting position, but in the trees, OR at the correct position and correct altitude, OR right over the airport at a high altitude. For me, FMC was always off, which means the mission can’t be completed as intended since the ILS data is clearly not set properly either. The weather seems to be variable as well, so at times there will be no visibility down to the ground while at the other times weather is clear at lower altitudes (which doesn’t match the mission dialog)

Yes

Monsoon and Princess Juliana missions are both bugged and impossible to complete.

Any updates of when these bugs will be fixed on the legacy missions?

Yep, same problem here. When I do start in the air, throttles do not respond. YES, they do work fine in freeflight in the 747.

Just wanna say that this mission is still utterly broken.

In fact, all the legacy missions which they included in the 40th Anniversary pack have been horribly executed. No message log to see what your copilot said, no mission compass/pointer, and plenty of bugs. The Sitka Approach mission doesn’t even have the cruise ship!

Hopefully they do better in MSFS2024, but the current state of the missions is really poor.

1 Like

yes

having interface issues eg cant use fmc, auto pilot wont hold assigned speed even after resetting autothrottle. rest of the issues mentioned in original post :slight_smile:

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

No

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

Boeing 747

Which aircraft version are you experiencing this issue on? (You can find this listed in the Content Manager under the Aircraft Name)

Specifically during “Monsoon” 40th Anniversary mission

The autopilot cannot be used because the selected airspeed is stuck on 0

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

I don’t know how to upload them

Go to “Activities”, then “40th Anniversary”, and then start the “Monsoon (FSX)” mission.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

The latest one as of creation of this topic

I found (I think, maybe I’m just doing it wrong) an issue in the Monsoon mission. When the mission starts, the airplane is on autopilot and the airspeed is set to 270.

However the PFD says the selected airspeed is 0, and as a consequence flightlevel change mode doesn’t work, and autothrottle doesn’t either, the plane will always try to fly right on its stall speed because it wants to fly at 0 IAS.
You can turn the knob for the airspeed, but the PFD is always stuck on trying to fly at 0.

When I select the plane in free-roam mode, there it seems to work normally, so it’s specifically during the Monsoon mission.

Si

The 40th anniversary activity “Monsoon (Fsx)” Fly a Singapore’s Changi ILS approach, with the 747-8i begins with the aircraft crashing into the ground. Impossible to perform the activity because the aircraft is on the groun d and will crash immediately!