Monster NXCub

MONSTER NXCUB

This aircraft is first and foremost a high-fidelity realism mod of the default Asobo MSFS Cub Crafters NXCub bushplane. It flies like the real thing, hitting all the numbers. The engine’s been upgraded to the best Cub Crafters has to offer: the Lycoming 393i 215HP powerplant. Propeller performance too has been accurately modelled.
But it wouldn’t be a monster cub if there wasn’t something wicked. And so there is: NOS (Nitrious Oxyde Systems) has been installed for up to 3 minutes of nitro injection giving you an additional 100HP. Great for some STOL take-offs or emergency obstacle climbs!

• This mod installs as a new aircraft in your hangar and does not require the existing NXCub to be installed.
  • This mod uses the default Asobo G3X (or the WT mod if you have it), so kindly do not report any Garmin issue to me as I can’t help you there.
  • Engage NOS either with the switch or the War Emergency Power keybind.

DOWNLOAD from GOT-FRIENDS.COM

Realism and Performance Mod

• High fidelity CFD flight model and Lycoming 393i engine
  • Tailored wing lift profile with higher AoA
  • Propwash over rudder and elevator gives proper control early on at the takeoff roll
  • Demonstrated cross-wind of 11kts possible
  • Clean stall settles in a 600fpm parachute mode as per the real cub
  • Custom thermo dynamics for Oil and CHT, closely matching reality
  • Modern Prop Physics and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), including CFD Ground Effect
  • Enjoy a cruise speed of over 130 kts, maximum altitude of 14,000 feet and range of 750 nm
  • Demonstrated take-off distance of 120 feet and landing distance of 80 feet as in the real NXCub 393i
  • Accurate long-range narrow-beam landing lights in aviation-white
  • Windshield de-icer installed, activated with the Cabin Heat lever
  • Automatic Pitot heat, managed by the G3X
  • Accurate and useful camera setup, with the eyes located where they really would be
  • Animated windows left and right (since this is a mod on a default Asobo aircraft, there are some caveats: right door cannot be animated, glass of both windows does not animate along with the frames and no change in sound)
  • Tailored exterior lights
  • Various switch, lever and label fixes throughout the cockpit

NOS, the Monster in the Cub

• Up to 3 minutes of total Nitrous Oxide injection
  • Hulks the Lycoming 393i 215hp instantly to 315hp
  • Use short bursts then cool down…oil temperature easily goes critical within 10 seconds
  • The NOS cylinder automatically refills whenever you refuel
  • Engage with the NOS switch or the War Emergency Power keybind

Default Garmin G3X, but…

• Highly recommend to install the Working Title G3X mod (Working Title G3X - Intro)
  • This is a bush plane, and the Garmin knows it…be free from “500 500”, “Terrain Terrain” or similar noise
  • Customized engine panel with remaining fuel and range data
  • Useful annunciations added (NOS Low, Parking Brake, Fuel Imbalance, etc), only works with the WT G3X mod installed
  • Radar Altitude added (displays whenever you’re less than 2,500 feet AGL)

Typical power settings:

• Normal Rated (100% … use for take-off): 2,700 rpm / 30 mp
  • Performance Cruise (75% rated): 2,450 rpm / 24 mp
  • Economy Cruise (65% rated): 2,350 rpm / 21 mp
  • Ferry Cruise (60% rated): 2,050 rpm / 15 mp

And finally

• 23 Professional liveries by @STOL Addicts | TheHodge146 on top of the default livery
  • Saving the best for last: comes with a coffee-cup holder!

MORE COOL AIRCRAFT

GOT GRAVEL DISCORD SERVER

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION

The Monster NXCub will install as a new plane and does not replace nor depend on the default NXCub.

1. Download the Monster NXCub

DOWNLOAD from GOT-FRIENDS.COM

2. Drag into the Community Folder

1. Delete older versions of the mod
  2. Extract the ZIP file
  3. Drag the folder named gotgravel-monster-nxcub directly into the Community folder
  4. Restart the sim

If done correctly, your folder structure should look like this:

/Community
   /gotgravel-monster-nxcub
      /Effects
      /SimObjects
/Official

How to find the community folder?

• If you changed the default location of packages, it’s the simplest because you should find a Community sub folder in it.
  • For Steam, it should be located in C:\Users[Computer Name]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community
  • For Windows Store C:\Users[Computer Name]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

CHANGE LOG

Changelog v2.0.0 (January 3, 2023):

• Brand new flightmodel, taking full advantage of the latest in CFD amongst many other things
  • Improved stall behaviour, accurately matching observed XCub stalls and speeds (41kts at max gross of 2300lbs with or without flaps, and about 32-34kts when in ground effect)
  • Clean stall settles in a 600fpm parachute mode as per the real cub
  • Demonstrated take-off roll of 120 feet and landing roll of 80 feet (as per CubCrafter’s specifications)
  • Demonstrated cross-wind of 11kts possible
  • Improved propeller setup
  • Propwash over rudder and elevator gives proper control early on at the takeoff roll
  • Redesigned suspension
  • Max nose steering angle increased to 60 degrees left/right as per NXCub specs (great for making tight turns on narrow bush strips)
  • Tailored wing lift profile with higher AoA
  • All new exterior lights
  • New instrument cam #8 (GoPro mounted above the whiskey compass, pointing down a bit; great for river runs)
  • Fuel selector set to OFF when starting Cold and Dark
  • Fixed windshield deice
12 Likes

Awesome little bird! More often than not, it’s my go-to aircraft for bushwork despite having many other excellent choices. I never thought anything could get me out of my beloved Grravel but Monster NX stole me away. “Nosewheel on a Cub? HERESY!” Well, just call me the Heretic.

2 Likes

In line with the above, the Savage Grravel, Savage Carbon, Monster NXCub and Vertigo are no longer listed on flightsim.to. They will of course be available soon on www.got-friends.com.

A big thanks to the MSFS community for loving these free mods so much and for the ludicrous download count (over 230,000). You are amazing!

4 Likes

A New Home!!

The Monster NXCub is now available on the Freeware section of https://www.got-friends.com/

There are also some cool updates for the Savage Grravel and Carbon, now featuring real Alaskan Bushwheels!

4 Likes