More exotic airports

Honestly, there are too many generic airports and not enough really remote and touch ones to touch down on. Found an airport on the horn of Antarctica (Marambio *) that i’d like to try, but nope, it’s not in the Sim.

Could you PLEASE add a few more exotic airports really far away that could provide a challenge to fly to and also to land on, and focus less on boring same old back country airports in stable climate?

there are quite a few nice ones in Papua New Guinee. The ever present rain and clouds between the mountains make these pretty tricky normally.

2 Likes

I remember trying one of those and it started with me rolling backwards when i released the parking brakes(!)

I’d also be interested in the trans atlantic ferry route. Famously BGBW is completely missing.

I highly recommend Maniitsoq (BGMQ) :slight_smile: Guess what, it’s available in MSFS.

1 Like

There you go:

I created Marambio base (SAWB) with the SDK. Since it is my first scenery, it is far from perfect, but it should work as a start. Runways and services are pretty accurate. If you use live weather, approaches and landings can be pretty tough. I will try to add more bases from Antarctica when I have the time. Enjoy!

1 Like

This is awesome as a remote base to fly to in REALLY bad weather. Appreciate it! Was hard to see the runway with all that snow though. Only thing missing is an Alien that morphs into different shapes and eat people :smiley:

1 Like

Glad you like it. I also finished SCRM, Teniente Rodolfo Marsh in antarctica, and will soon have done EGAR, Rothera Research station.

You can find SCRM here:

1 Like

There’s so many exotic airports and airfields to be found in MSFS that time’s really the biggest limitation in terms of exploring them. To name a few:

ZUDC Daocheng Yading Airport. At 4,411 m (14,472 ft) above sea level, it’s the highest civilian airport in the world.

WADJ Beoga - WABJ Hitadipa - WAYB Biloray - WX53 Bugalaga. This is a highly recommended although fairly challenging scenic trip in the rainforests of Indonesia. Beware though - these are very short airfields and due to the surrounding terrain it might not be possible to go around in case of a missed approach or a balked landing.

SPGL Chagual. The runway (elevation 3980ft) is in a deep canyon, on the banks of the Marañón River in the Peruvian Andes.

ENSD Sandane. Considered one of Norway’s most challenging approaches due to the surrounding mountains (last minute turn to final here) and the relatively short runway surrounded by fjords on both sides.

SEQM Mariscal Sucre Intl, Quito Equador 7910ft. Try doing RNAV approaches in an airliner here and it is easy to become overwhelmed.

YPGT Garden Point - a scenic airfield at the northernmost part of Northern Territory, Australia.

MRSN Sirena Aerodrome. An unpaved airstrip hidden deep in the rainforests of Costa Rica.

Dirt strip at YKHG Katherine Gorge, Australia.

Also, there are many locations that beg for a scenic stop, even though no runway exists:

2 Likes

Here we go:

EGAR - Rothera Research Station, Antarctica:

Lots of bush strips in the Okavongo Delta. Fly out of FBMN and head NNW.