I have created slightly over 2 pages of Zendesk reports, about 1/2 of which were still open prior to release. Today I was going to update several I’d noticed had been solved between beta and release, and noticed that pretty much all my bug reports are now marked “solved”. Yay!
NOTE: for them as ain’t read the fine print of Zendesk, “solved” doesn’t necessarily mean fixed right now. It simply means Asobo has added the problem to their internal bug-tracker. IOW, they acknowledge the problem and are working on it, or will work on it someday as priorities allow. Maybe these will be in the upcoming patch, maybe not. Still, seeing issues get marked “solved” is a positive sign.
So, if you’ve been filing Zendesk reports but haven’t checked back on them lately, go have a look. You might be pleasantly surprised at what’s now “solved”.
Some of my things recently marked “solved” are as follows:
- Caravan power and prop lever behavior
- King Air’s inoperative baro knob on the central console
- Significant issues with the Weight & Balance tabs of several planes (improper CG location, no baggage, incorrect MTOW, etc.)
- Icon A5 inability to extend gear in the water
- VL-3 flight model issues (could turn forever, didn’t spin easily enough, variable roll rate)
- Improper taxi behavior of planes with castering nosewheels
- Caravan NAV mode overshoots and snaking
- Only the 1st of several custom waypoints being displayed on the navmap
- VL-3 accepting autopilot commands even though it has no autopilot
- Spurious loops and circles being drawn in waypoint paths
- Lack of GPS-derived virtual instrument panel and HSI displays on Garmin aera 795/6 (in the Icon and several other LSAs)
- Adding water runways at a couple of land airports, making them functional seaplane bases.
- LOTS of broken, missing, or improperly rendered bridges in Louisiana
- Lots of missing industrial plants in Louisiana
- Roads drawn smeared on hillsides instead of having flat roadbeds (all over the world)
Now, if you don’t see your pet peeve on the above list, sorry. For instance, I don’t know anything about airliners, don’t fly them, so haven’t made any reports on them. I leave that to folks who know what they’re talking about. Still, I hope at least some of these bring joy to most.
As for my own self, while I consider all these things important and am thankful to see them getting fixed, I’m probably most excited by the several important changes that affect the playability of the Icon. It appears that now we’ll be able to taxi into and out of the water, which will be HUGE! Plus, at least a couple actual seaplane bases are in the works, if not more. On top of this, adding the missing functionality to the Garmin in it will finally give the plane a VSI and more discrete altimeter, plus make navigation using the moving map a lot easier.
And finally, 1 of my issues isn’t marked “solved” but tech support has been talking to me about it, so they’re working on it. This is the problem in the Pitts where it sometimes jerks your head in and out of the canopy, which largely makes that plane unflyable for me. YMMV (seems to be more severe if you raise the camera position).
What sorts of stuff have you all seen on your Zendesk lists. Try to keep this positive, don’t complain about stuff that’s not “solved”.