Mount Kenya - Multiplayer Event Saturday , October 23rd, 2021 - FSB

Multiplayer Event

Event Name: A Visit to Mount Kenya
Date / Time: October 23rd, 2021 - 02:00 PM CDT /// 1900 UTC
Sim: Microsoft Flight Simulator
Server: EAST USA
Departure ICAO: HKBM
Arrival ICAO: HKEM
Aircraft: C172, JU-52, DA40, etc. Preferably a powerful plane if you aim to reach the mountain top!
Cruise Speed: 100-110 knots
Route: HKBM,HKNO,HKND,HKNB,HK0C,HK0G,HKEM

Flight Conditions

MULTIPLAYER: ALL PLAYERS
AIR TRAFFIC: OFF
SUGGESTED WEATHER: Player Choice
SUGGESTED SIM TIME: Player Choice

Event Details

A trip to Mount Kenya! Take off from HKBM heading towards the east
as a group. Enjoy the scenery on the way towards HKNO, HKND,
and the other destinations on the route and flight plan.
Sadly the rhinos are not visible at Lake Nakuru (sim bug?),
but we will fly there anyway since it is a beautiful place.
The flight will take around two hours + a mid flight
10-15 minute pause. We will land at all of the airports.

Important Event Links

Default MSFS scenery!

Other Info

Please post event screenshots in the #screenshots area channel.

“Join when you can, leave if you must” is the idea when it comes to attending
the FSB group flights. It is totally fine to arrive late and join up at the second,
third, fourth, or whatever leg we are currently on. Or even mid air! Then, if you
cannot stick around for the full flight, feel free to leave. We hope you will come
back the next weekend too.

Discord Flight Sim Break

Voice channel highly recommended even if you can’t speak. We tend to have a lot
of fun in voice. We also announce breaks and additional info in voice chat
and we help you with flying techniques if you have questions.

PUSH to TALK is REQUIRED on FSB Discord!

MSFS Flight Plan

VFR_Bogani_Airport_HKBM_to_Embu_HKEM.pln (3.7 KB)

Use the LINK above for the Brand New option to be INTERESTED in event on FSB Discord and notified when event starts, or Join.

2 Likes

Remember to visit the discord and sign up for the Event by simple saying your are INTERESTED! A reminder will be sent when event starts. We usually sent it out about 15 minutes before the event!

event1
event2

1 Like

Really looking forward to this one.

1 Like

Original location. It will be rather different colours and landscapes than what we’re used to… It will be gorgeous, I’m sure!

Take off is in about 11 hours… “I hear the drums echoing tonight…”!

Hope to see many in the Ju-52! If you don´t have that specific plane then choose whatever you want… as long as you are confident with flying at everything from 6.000 to 16.000 feet :slight_smile: . A C172 can make it, but it will take some time to reach the peak of Mount Kenya. A safer option is the VL-3 or any other plane with a little bit more power.

Question - I am on an Xbox X and I don’t see an option to use discord. I did fly last week with your group but did not have the “talk” functionality, wondering if there are any other tips or tricks I could do? I look forward to flying with the group.Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t have an Xbox and never tried this, so I don’t know if this is a good option, but it looks like Quarrel, and unofficial discord client for Xbox X/S should be able to do the trick.

Here is a video about how to install/use it : Discord App On Xbox!? (Quarrel) - YouTube (one again, I didn’t test it, so maybe it doesn’t work anymore. You’ll see!)

Also, I don’t know if Quarrel has a “push to talk” option or if it’s sound detection only (which can quickly be a mess, that’s why we always insist on the push to talk approach).

1 Like

30 minutes till lift-off!

1 Like