Mouse and keyboard input ideas

Greetings…

Newbie MSFS rookie here, Xbox Series X with V1F yoke, TQ and rudders.

Now that I have the yoke and TQ configured how I want them, and am developing that “muscle memory” for what does what (lol, and WHERE it is!), looking for some ideas of useful things to program a mouse and keyboard for. Sure, the mouse is useful for toggling switches and such in the cockpit or zooming the view, but just curious on what others have done that they’ve found useful.

There was an inmate here who put together an Excel spreadsheet but there are 1,146 items on it! :woozy_face: I’m just looking for a short list of useful commands/inputs to supplement the yoke and TQ controls.

On the subject of keyboards, anyone use one of the mini keyboards (like a RedDragon or a 16-key pad) for those “every now and then” controls?

Finally, I originally had rudder control on the left/right triggers. Now that I have the TB rudders, that’s freed those up. What have others reprogrammed the triggers for?

Cheers, and thanks in advance!

1 Like

Others will respond with some more great ideas, but for starters, you could map your V1 yoke triggers to Zoom In and Zoom Out (since they behave as an axis) - this, along with the camera controls inherent to the V1 yoke, could provide some nice camera functionality without being “hands off” your yoke.

Thanks…great suggestion!

Hope you don’t mind if I jump in here on your back but I need an answer that will determine my MS FS 40th anniversory edition purchase - is it capable of supporting a FFB joystick ?

Not quite sure what you mean by “FFB”…are you referring to “force feed back”? If so, I’m not aware of any peripherals put there that will work thusly with a console. I’m no expert so others may chome in…

If you do a quick search of the forum, you will find a lot of us FFB users who are trying to get interest up for Asobo to fix this. Well worth that search and I apologise for not having the time to put a link here. It is a critical, fundamental issue for a flight sim which can be got around if you already own that stick. Logitech G940 user here :slight_smile:

Thanks Magic, I have a well preserved MS Force Feedback 2 - MS should read up on how supply and demand works, FS 40th edition is a major marvelous detailed sim, if as part of the PR for it they advertised it came with FFB manufacturers of physical input devices (joysticks etc.) would be rushing to retro upgrade their existing stocks/create new stock with FFB which would boost their sales including that of MS’s FS…

Straight off the press from MS - ’ Currently there is no force feedback support within MSFS. It has been requested by the community and is under investigation.’
Apparently 638 pro-votes - so far.

Excellent stuff, but I take it that you are currently using XP Force for your current situation? FFB in MSFS is quite reasonable even now with this route. If it werent there, I would be looking very hard at another sim, as once tried there is no point in flying without it. (After over 20 years of force feedback and as I may have said elsewhere, the sim is like a Unicycle with a puncture without it)

Yep, used to run XP with MS FFB - I’ll stick with the released 40th anniversary for now as the graphics are beautiful, it’s a whole new experience doing low fly overs without everything getting pixilated !