Mouse and Keyboard Issues Remain

When you click a dial in the cockpit, it just spins out of control, making it unusable. When using keyboard hotkeys to set things like heading or altitude to avoid making autopilot unusable because of a mouse click, sometimes causes the heading bug to spin out of control AND make the entire keyboard AND mouse unusable.

I was really, REALLY hoping the next update would fix these major issues, but sadly here we are, and the issues remain.

Has anyone come up with solutions to these issues? I already greatly reduce my keyboard repeat rate, and only use single mouse clicks, but these issues are still breaking the simulator.

How about just using the mouse wheel?

Don’t have a mouse wheel on my laptop, and the keyboard is still a major issue.

Any way to restore keyboard and/or mouse inputs once the sim glitches and loses them? I can’t access the menu or anything. I have tried switching in and out of windowed mode, change program priority in task manager, and nothing seems to work. It does eventually seem to correct itself, but has anyone come up with a workaround?

So this issue, after many updates still remains, and it is very, VERY frustrating. So during a flight I use the mouse to click on dials, or create keyboard hot keys to change those dials, and no matter what I can not avoid having the issue occur.

Okay… no problem. I’ll finish the flight hand flying and set buttons on my joysticks to turn off the lights and engine. But then when on final, right after I am told to go around, BOOM! Now my two hour flight is ruined because there is no way that I am aware of to return keyboard and/or mouse functionality to the sim.

Has anyone come up with a way to regain the mouse and/or keyboard? No, I don’t want to hear the suggestion about a mouse wheel, I am on a laptop and only have a trackpad. I am looking for a way to fix the issue once it occurs, or for the developers to patch this bug.

I have a different issue with the keyboard. I cannot identify how to turn off the key function that sends the aircraft immediately into the air from whatever states it’s in including parked upon the stand. The key function that does this is cntrl ‘`’ namely the key next to ‘1’ on the top line. It happens when I am careless enough to tap cntrl ‘1’ to go to the forward cockpit view and miss, hitting instead the adjacent key. It’s frustrating that I cannot identify on the KEYBOARD controls, what the function is. I can be on the stand, and the simulation stage terminates with a catastrophic aircraft failure, or if I’m taxying to the runway threshold, when I suddenly find myself at x thousand feet dropping like a stone. I’ve tried reading through the forums, but I cannot see anything under this category… Any suggestions?

Did you try using the “Search by Input” option under Control Options for the Keyboard? Make sure you use the Filter there for “Assigned” not "All.
On my setup, the “~” key brings up nothing so it’s not assigned to anything.

Indeed, there is no key assigned of this nature. So I’ll do a little more digging.

I did find the offending keystroke, by search for the keystroke in the configurator. It was assigned to send the aircraft to what ever height required. As it served no useful function, I deleted the assignment. No more problem.