Mouse disappears when screensaver mode is enabled in HP Reverb G2

If you have the ScreensaverModeEnabled parameter set to 1 under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Holographic, whenever the screensaver mode activates and you then wake up the VR glasses by putting then on, the mouse cursor in VR has disappeared. Only way to get it back is to switch to 2D mode and then back into VR mode.

Funny thing is how you do see the mouse cursor both on the 2D screen as well as in the HMD as long as you don’t wear the VR glasses. Meaning what in fact triggers the mouse cursor to disappear is when the proximity sensor on the HP Reverb G2 VR glasses senses you’re wearing them. At that moment, the mouse cursor disappears. If you take the glasses off, it’s back again.

Or…to fix the issue and as mentioned above, you can switch to 2D mode and then back to VR. This way you will have the mouse cursor also when wearing the glasses until the screensaver activates next time.

Since I currently have lots of CTDs when switching between VR and 2D, I have for the time being stopped using the ScreensaverModeEnabled parameter and instead I’m using the IdleTimerDuration parameter found at the same location. I then set that one to the decimal value of 7200000 which corresponds to 2 hours. Giving me lots of time to move away from the PC and the VR glasses without risking having them go into sleep mode. Reason I don’t want that to happen is once again how that will automatically switch MSFS from VR mode to 2D mode. Risking a CTD…