Mouse, keyboard inputs drop after update to 1.14.6.0

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No.
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No.
Brief description of the issue:
After landing, mouse and keyboard inputs are not registered properly. Joystick axes and mouse cursor movements are shown, but mouse cursor is not visible. Menu buttons (after a landing challenge) can be highlighted with a mouseover and an invisible cursor, but will not register clicks. After landing without a landing challenge, keyboard and mouse inputs are likewise ignored, and somehow brakes/parking brake is left on.
Problem appeared after updating to 1.14.6.0. Once managed to restore inputs through furious alt-tabbing, no such luck in several attempts.
Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Having X52 profile enabled:
Land a plane in challenge → menu pops up → invisible mouse cursor or mouse/keyboard inputs.
Land a plane → lose again mouse cursor and keyboard inputs.
Edit: With the profile disabled, works fine.
PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
i9-9900K, RTX2080S, 32GB. X52 HOTAS with profile. Updated to 1.14.6.0.
Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
Not yet.

1.14.6.0 broke my inputs too :unamused:
I fly with keyboard, mouse and game pad. For a while, it works fine, but suddently, during flight, the inputs just stop working. I can still jump into the menu, but I can’t look around, I can’t input anything with the keyboard, I can’t move the throttle or yoke anymore… nothing. All dead. Therefore, the flight is “lost”, I can’t continue like that of course :confused:
Even when I restart the mission or go back to the menu and start a new one: gamepad, keyboard, etc. are still dead for anything other then entering/exiting the menues.
Only completely restarting the sim helps.

One way to reproduce this I think is to land (in VR), and then switch to the drone camera. The drone camera will suddenly freeze and then nothing works anymore in termns of the inputs.
However, it also happend to me during flight. Switched to the drone camera (this time NOT in VR), and suddenly, all controls are lost. When going back to the cockpit, game pad, keyboard… nothing works anymore.

Unbelievable.
Asobo broke the sim once more. I don’t know how many hours of my life all these bugs over the last months have stolen so far.

Same with me. Issue started after update to 1.14.6.0. I lost 12 hours of flight time due to loss in peripherals. I planned a long haul flight. After taking off and 30-60min into flight and on auto pilot I lost all controls. Absolute zero control using any peripherals. I have four peripherals attached keyboard, mouse, joystick and xbox controller. Lost all!!

Also when I do have control at start taxing 787 is impossible the rudder control is so bad if I rotate my joystick to far right or left the plane goes straight but if rotate slightly left or right then it turns properly.

I actually had messed up my X52 config to begin with, but re-tries with better config did reproduce the bug. Removed all shift states and mappings from the Logitech profile → no more lost inputs. Also, removing shift states enables using the pinkie switch as a regular button, which is nice. Ofc it would be nice to have the full profile option…

However, now mapping the pinkie switch to a keyboard combination didn’t do anything (when MSFS mapping did work) in-game, but the halted input bug did not manifest.

Same here. Mouse just disappears and does not reappear. I’m doing this in VR and trying to manage menus, etc. is bad enough then to lose the mouse. Argh!

Hi all
Same problem here when in VR, suddenly keyboard and joystick is not responding anymore.
Apparently the controller connections are lost the moment I push on the TAB key that gives me the VR menu
No way to bring it back anymore.
Tested on 787

Regards
Kurt

Same here with the FBW 320. After landing the keyboard stops working. Mouse highlights menu icons but clicks are ignored.

Known issue. There is a workaround found by user UncausedRat7547:

It works!

Which thread was that from?
Were you able to open the camera window with the mouse?

Hit tab to see the menue bar and then change cocckpit view to look around until you see fms screen above the throttle levers.

Proceed as described.

Do you see the mouse pointer? When I have this problem, I don’t see it. Highlighting icons works, but I can’t click on them.

1 Like

I am running in Windowed Mode. During a flight there is suddenly no mouse, keyboard or Logitech FlightStick input. I am on a widescreen and the mouse and keyboard work outside of the FlightSim Window.
It seems to go behind the Window but of course I cant click on anything within the Window to open the inflight Menu.
All I can do is call up Task Manager and click on that to terminate Flight Sim.
As always it doesn’t happen all the time.
Anyone getting this ?

Sounds familiar. Are you using Logitech software for bindings? I’m not sure what the issue is, but removing shift modes for X52 seems to have circumvented this for me.

Thanks for that info.
I am using the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick but come to think of it I had recently changed some of the button mapping for VR functions and removed the Gear Up button so I will change them back and see what happens.
Yesterdays small Hotfix also failed by looping constantly on 2/4 of the update and ended up in a very large GB download that took hours so might be that.

Sort of easiest test is to run without Logitech software. Bindings will be what they are, but that’s an easy way to narrow that down a bit.

This started for me too the last couple of days. â– â– â– â–  this game knows how to destroy your gaming mood :triumph: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_vomiting:

I thought this problem was gone in that I had not seen it for quite a while. But a couple nights ago it happened again while flying the King Air. I lost mouse cursor and control and all keyboard input after a four hour flight during the approach to destination. I still had flight stick control so made a lost comm, gear up, no flaps landing to the runway. I don’t know what I did, but after sling to a stop on the runway, all my controls returned. ???