Mouse no longer interacts with cockpit controls on Xbox

HI all. I’m Jim. I fly, or shall I say I used to fly on the xbox series x using the velocity one and a mouse. I have an issue now where my mouse now fails to interact with the cockpit controls but will interact with game menus and the in game UI menues. By playing about, I have found that for some reason, the system has changed and the only way I am able to interact now is to be in said camera view. This never used to be the case. IU could just zoom in and boom, but this is no more. Any one else experiencing this?

1 Like

Hello TurnipsDCA(Jim)
Welcome to MSFS. My name is Rich. Retired, so on most days. I’m using Thrustmaster HOTAS One, Controler and mouse. But sent Series S in to upgrade to the series X. Have you downloaded the latest world update?
Also shut you system down, unplug everything. Wait 5 to 10 minutes, plug all back in. Check for updates.
See if that helps.
Add me if you like. Glad to assist more when I get my X!
Gloomylake935(Rich)

Hi @TheTurnipsDCA, welcome to the MSFS forum!

I’ve turned your post into a topic in Tech Talk so that others with same issue will be able to find it more easily :slight_smile:

I think I might have a solution to your problem, I’m just going to check it applies to Xbox too, I’ll get back to you soon!

1 Like

Unfortunately my mouse doesn’t work at all on Cloud Gaming so I couldn’t test it.

There’s was a change with Sim Update 5 that caused lots of people to have a similar problem, but I’m not sure whether this applies to Xbox Series S/X gaming:

First note that the way you control gauges has changed in SU5. To get familiar with the new controls, please take a look at the release notes

Alternatively you can change back to the legacy control option via General Options-> Accessibilty → Cockpit Interactions System and select Legacy

It can also happen that your keybinding profile has been changed. To reset this, go to Keybinding and reset your mouse to the Default profile to enable mouse control again.

This is what I was going to try out on my Xbox but I can’t. Check whether you can change these settings on yours :slight_smile:

Hopefully with this now being in #gd-commsupport:tech-talk, someone else who knows a definite fix will see your posrt and respond.