Mouse no longer working

Ticket 128126

I recently uploaded the world updates 3, 4, and 5 for my Xbox. I do not have many add ons: G1000 NXi, enhanced airport textures, and fall trees for the Northern Hemisphere. Everything seemed to work fine until the recent upload of the world updates.

While flying a route from Tarbes, France to Edinburgh, Scotland in the TBM, my avionics screens all went black over London. I reloaded from a save and restablished the flight to finish it. After landing, the sim crashed before I could even get off the runway to start a taxi.

Since this time, I have been unable to get my mouse to work with the game. On start-up, you can see the mouse cursor and it will respond to movements, though it will not allow me to click anything in the home menu. As soon as I touch the left stick and activate the stick cursor, the mouse cursor disappears completely and will not come back again. I have tried the following:
-Deleting and reloading the cache
-Uninstalling and reinstalling the updates
-Using wireless and wired mice (are the wired ones on caffeine, lol?)
I have also tried the usual restarts in various manners.

Is there any chance that uninstalling the game and reinstalling it may help? It is very difficult to fly with the controller only as every interaction seems to cause other reactions, such as increasing and decreasing the throttle. Makes the game darn near unplayable.

Hi there,
Sorry - i don’t have a solution. Just another problem with a mouse.
I bought a mouse to try to overcome some of the issues you’ve identified when playing with the controller, while trying to adjust instrument settings in flight. Also the AI ATC operator has this annoying habit of requiring manual input from me whenever on final - and just before touchdown. While I shouldn’t take a robot telling me I’m not cleared to land so personally, it does feel a bit like a personal failure (bloody AI ATC judging me :roll_eyes:).
The mouse was going to cure all that.
But it doesn’t work at all.
It’s the Razer Deathadder V2 Pro - so not cheap (maybe that was my mistake).
The mouse is now displayed in the Controls Options page - but oddly, it’s also showing a keyboard - which I do not have.
At first the mouse pointer appeared while on the Welcome Page - but I clicked to no avail. The pointer appeared nowhere else in the game - and then it disappeared from the Welcome Page.
It’s not a battery issue - I charged it overnight.
Tried it with both the 2.4GHz dongle (both plugged directly into one of the rear USB ports and with the extension thingy) and wired.
I’ve searched the web for hints on how to connect it properly, but all I get are videos on how great mice are for improving the gaming experience and demonstrations thereof.
That just makes me jealous.
I could have started a new thread of ‘brand new mouse not working’, but thought it better to find a similar issue (it’s possible they’re related).
Anyway, I’d be grateful for any assistance.
D.

Update: I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game back to the last working format I had it in. The mouse started working again. Go to fly this morning, no additional changes or anything. Now the mouse will not work again. I could throw the entire thing in the trash right now I am so angry. If anyone has any advice for this, please help?!?!?!

Managed to solve my problem with one hiccup.
Plugged the dongle into the front USB port - I didn’t try this earlier, having lost trust with the front port over the way it scrambled my HOTAS One mapping (now works fine in one of the rear ports).
Apart both the HOTAS and controller totally seizing up after I tried to input text into the MFD (i think that’s what it’s called), after a hard restart, everything is seeming to work ok. For now.

1 Like

Errrr.
After the mouse working fine - adjusting instruments, etc., it now only seems to give me a freelok in both interior and exterior views. Mouse pointer stuck down the bottom right of screen.

There is a known bug with mouse freezing on series X (not sure about series S).
Lots of people are having mouse freezes though. Main thread (vote on it, and raise a zendesk ticket please) is here-

Your setup is resembling mine HOTAS plugged in round the back of the X and wireless KB/mouse USB dongle in front USB port. Shouldn’t make a difference, but it seems to from a usage perspective.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for this.
The mouse was great for interacting with the avionics and AP settings.
Will be good to get that functionality back.
Much appreciated.

1 Like

Vote added! Thanks for directing me to others with the same issue!!

1 Like

Just in case you haven’t tried it yet … The mouse works fine as long as I connect it before each flight and take it out afterwards. Just another item on the checklist!

1 Like

Hmmm. Not so much now.
On the Series X after the latest update went back to using the front USB for the HOTAS - which now appears to work properly.
Plugged the Razer Death Adder Pro V2 extension into one of the back USB ports. It’s very finicky. It’ll work sometimes, and then not. Sometimes the pointer will be there, but clicks don’t work. Other times, the mouse pointer is absent from the start.
I’ve tried plugging it in during various stages of start up, but the inconsistency remains.
When it works, the mouse is great for navigating the avionics and the top menu, as well as avoiding AI flight while interacting with the ATC and other windows.
Would just be nice for it to do what it’s supposed to do consistently.

1 Like

Same mouse Problem on Series S!!!
Not working.