Mouse pointer auto hides in 3 seconds even when mouse button is being used

Some problems were addressed in this forum already years ago. Simply from the beginning of msfs, but absolutely NO REACTION AT ALL.
Not even a statement (“we are looking/working on it”).

For example the problem of the multiplayer groups, which are completely UNUSABLE since day 1 of the msfs.

1 Like

No news on this then? Just a simple option in the menus to turn off mouse autohide at least?

I’m having a similar issue since the AAU1 update on the Steam version. The mouse will auto hide and not show up again unless I tab out and back, but it hides again a few seconds later even while moving it. If I’m in a flight, right clicking will usually (but not always) restore proper auto hide functionality the rest of the session, but I still have to fight with it in the world menu to get a flight loaded. Right clicking in the world menu does not restore the functionality.

It’s extremely saddening and dissapointing that these critical UI/UX bugs are not only buried by the bug reports voting system, but erroneously marked as features and further buried as a wishlist item. This is one of the biggest bugs if not the biggest based off of how often it interferes with usage/gameplay IME.

I’ve noticed that scrolling does in fact unhide the mouse, but clicking does not. What a dumb design! Right up there with the “click… clickclickclick” trim bug that has been in place since FSX or before.

1 Like

Agreed.
I want you to do something soon.
How do I vote officially?
Can I just respond here?

@FlareAlfred at the TOP of the thread, just press “VOTE”:

2023-03-23 15_56_25-Mouse pointer auto hides in 3 seconds even when mouse button is being used - Bug

This is definitely a bug and not a design feature. Sometimes the mouse behaves normally and auto hides. But sometimes it hides instantly and flickers while moving it. This makes it impossible to use switches which must be held like fuel primers and starters in warbirds. FIX THIS PLEASE!

And it wasn’t always the case, watch this video from a year ago with the starter switches, this procedure is impossible now.

Holding the mouse button doesn’t work. The mouse pointer deactivates instantly when you stop moving it. You can’t hold down switches like pumps and starters and the mouse pointer has this flickery behavior.
This topic should be listed under bugs, not wishlist. This is a game breaking flaw in how the mouse functions, not a user preference. Thanks.

Do you also have the white dot appear? Because it’s largely why I can’t hold any switches.

I can’t tell if my problem is with MSFS or just the P-38. It seems even when the mouse is working, the switches on it can’t be held.

I recently encountered the same issue. Very annoying

Same issue for me…

Asobo don’t seem to care. Sad

But I feel its quite IMPORTANT!

It is soo annoying for example to use integrated checklists.
Every some seconds the Mousepointer disappears and I click for nothing. Then I have to move the mousepointer around and I can do maybe 3 annother clicks, before the Mouse disappears again!

I’m sure, this is a 5 minutes fix for a developer!!

Please fix this, Asobo. It’s such an annoying papercut that makes changing frequencies/scrolling an infuriating experience.

Note that this is not the same as the “white dot and flickering mouse” issue. This particular bug is where the mouse cursor disappears (seemingly intentionally) after about 3-4 seconds of non-movement. It’s like Asobo has programmed the mouse to “time out” after a period of time so as not to clutter the screen.

Unfortunately, only movement of the mouse resets the timeout, while clicking the mouse buttons does not. When doing something like changing frequencies or spinning the altitude selector knob, you generally keep the mouse perfectly still while using the scroll wheel or clicking the left mouse button.

it is very frustrating.
I never encountered this problem before the last update…

But its there for at least 1,5 Years!
Maybe Asobo thinks, this is a feature. But in reality this is a VERY ANNOYING “feature”!!!

Sometimes I only notice how much I hate one specific detail when someone mentions it. Always funny to program the autopilot with the mouse cursor simply vanishing and my button inputs getting stopped, and I have to repeat a simple operation five times until I have for example turned my autopilot altitude selector know from 35.000ft down to 5000… :smiley:

I agree it’s extremely annoying especially when using things like an FMC or an autopilot control panel.

I found a way to sort of fix it. It’s not pretty but it works.

You need to get this very simple software : Move mouse
It’s on the Microsoft store for free

And apply the following settings :

Capture
Capture2

You can reduce the distance below 4 but I don’t recommend it as sometimes it’s not detected by MSFS and then it momentarily hides the cursor. In my opinion 4 is the sweet spot and doesn’t disrupt the use of the mouse even when accuracy is required (small clicking area). Same goes with the speed parameter.

1 Like

Thank you for this kind of workaround.

But its not a bugfix, so my request to Asobo still keeps active!