Mouse wheel zoom on cockpit view automatically zooms back out on click

Hello all!

This is making MSFS unworkable for me. When I’m in the cockpit view, I click on the wheel button to move the camera around the cockpit. I could also zoom in using the mouse wheel. Then, while zoomed in, I click the mouse wheel again to operate a button in the sim. The mouse cursor is released, but it zooms back out after clicking the mouse wheel.

This only started happening after update 7. I have formatted the disk where flight sim was installed, and reinstalled the simulator, to no effect.

I’ve tried everything I can think of. It used to work fine.

Is there anyone else having the same issue?

Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks in advance.

GripperSim. : )

This has been reported elsewhere I believe. This is really odd, but it only does this if it is bound to the middle mouse button. If you bind it to the right mouse button instead you can still use it without the zoom out. Additionally binding the freelook toggle to right mouse means you don’t get the crash when you use the Next Pilot Position button, typically bound to the yoke hat up switch. And you can still use the flight controls while looking around with the freelook hold, usually bound to right click, doesn’t allow for.

The only downside is you have to right click twice, to enable/disable it, but the benefits of this far outweigh this minor niggle IMHO.

Please Vote here: Whats wrong with the mouse inside the cockpit? - #119 by sc4mb4g

1 Like

I just came back from taking a little break from MSFS in hopes of allowing custom mods to catch up to the new update. Came back to find my custom mouse controls no longer allowed me to navigate the world map. Fixed that issue by creating a new custom profile off the the default settings but now I’ve run into this issue with the zoom out upon disengaging the freelook with the middle button. I am so used to using it the way it was before update 7 that it’s really messing up my experience. My flows had become muscle memory and am really unhappy that it’s been messed with. This ■■■■ game and it’s updates can be infuriating! My controls and key bindings were PERFECT prior to Update 7! Stop breaking things with these updates damnit!!! I apologize for whining. Just frustrated and needed to vent a little. Long story short, I’m dealing with the same issue. I hope they fix it soon. Need that middle click functioning the way it was.

1 Like

I agree Norma,

Why have all these settings to save, if they keep resetting them every time. The mouse is still a big issue for me too. I reinstalled everything last week and spent a great deal of time tying to sort it out, but to no avail.

1 Like

Bit confused here, bind what exactly to the right mouse button? There are multiple items being discussed and I would love to get this to work in the fashion you describe. What are your mouse settings for cockpit viewing.

Toggle freelook. There is only one of those. It is normally bound to middle mouse. If you clear that, and instead blind it to right mouse, you don’t seem to get that zoom out that you get with middle mouse.

I’m going to have to try that as it’s driving me nuts even though I have other workarounds (which I always forget when busy). Such a small thing. Such a big irritation.

On the plus side the patch fixes the world map/custom mouse profile issue

Moving it to right mouse seems to have a few benefits. You don’t get the zoom out when you turn it off, and you don’t get the sim freeze if you press Next Pilot Position with it active.

Both those issues seemed tied to the middle mouse button.

I have the same problem. Every update is the same thing I have to configure everything again and ruin what was working. I get very angry about this. :rage: :rage:

I just recently lost the use of mouse wheel for everything but speaker volume I cant select a such as heading or Altitude and use mouse wheel to turn the knob. Anybody know what could have happened?