Move MSFS settings to new PC

Hello,
I am setting up my new and faster PC.
I plan to do a fresh install of the MSFS but I would like to copy my “settings” from the old PCs installation. I dont want to setup up all my keybindings and controller settings from the scratch.

What files should I copy?
I think for sure the folder “C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache” has some config files.
Where are the config files for the controller and keyboard bindings?
What else do I need to copy?

Thanks for your help and sorry if this is already answered somewhere in this forum, I did not find an exact answer until now…

Always three green!
Carsten

You shouldn’t need to. All your settings like Control profiles are all stored in the cloud in your Microsoft/Xbox Live account. As long as you logged into the same account in your newly installed MSFS in your new PC, you settings should be loaded automatically.

1 Like

I just went through the same myself (got a new PC) - for MSFS settings you don’t have to copy anything as @Neo4316 said, they are stored with your Xbox account. One thing I found though is that all my custom cockpit views for the WT CJ4 were gone in the new install, although I copied over everything from the mod in the community folder. Finally found that those weren’t stored in the cameras.cfg of the mod install folder (which also does has the cameras.cfg), but in the MSFS installation itself at C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_CJ4.

So maybe a good idea to make a copy of the Microsoft folder somewhere so that you can get back any files in case you need it.

As to the reinstall of all the addons / flight sim utilities, a move is a completely different story, and was a PITA :wink:

1 Like

Ok, thank you! This helps a lot!

New PC is running! All controllers moved and working in MSFS 2020, axes and keybindings are back automatically.

Only problem was to get SPAD.next configuration for my Logitech and Go-Flight running again. Copying config-files did not help…

Thank you!