Moving from gampe pass on the pc to Digital License

Old Simmer here. Doing a try before you by with the $1 game pass. Like what I see and plan to buy a license, but have some questions that I would like help with answers.

1. Are there any differences between the standard version using the game pass or digital license?
  2. Do I keep the level and logbook when I move to the licensed.
  3. Is there an authoritative resource out there that describes both in detail.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

This is exactly how I bought the sim last year.

The digital license on game pass is for the basic version of the game. Look carefully at which version you really want for the full purchase. Upgrading after purchase is very expensive.

Yes, the log book persists as it is linked to your game pass account.

I would imagine all of this is found with in the T&C.

1 Like

Do you need Xbox Gold / subscription to access multiplayer?

No you don’t. That’s not really a thing on PC

1 Like

Thank you for your response. I did take the plunge and chose the deluxe because O’Hare and the Cessna 172 w/o the Garmin 1000 were the only upgrades that I was interested in. What is T&C?

Terms and conditions - the legal jargon that comes with most games.

Sorry I don´t understand what that means and cannot translate it. Do you mean the difference between XBox App and Steam Flight Sim? If you mean if there are any restrictions DRM etc - no Steam does not have restrictive DRM in any videogame (except The Hunt Showdown is always loading some stupid anti-cheat program that interferes with my fan control and other things) so no the Steam Flight Sim is not enforcing always-online and crashing to the desktop as soon as the internet bandwith fluctuates, and other DRM-hassle.
I was fully satiesfied with my Gamepass Flight Sim, but after the XBox app started to have severe technical problems on my PC (updating was no longer possible launching games was no longer possible) and after the Fenix was released I decided to buy the full version on Steam, and I am fully satiesfied :slight_smile:

Please do not spread misinformation on the forums. If you buy a digital license for MSFS from the Microsoft Store, you will keep your logbook and any purchases you made while playing via Game Pass. You will only lose content you purchased while playing via Game Pass if you buy MSFS from Steam.

To @HairyBuddha7157, here are the correct answers to your questions:

1. Are there any differences between the standard version using the game pass or digital license?

No. The Game Pass version of Microsoft Flight Simulator is exactly the same as the Standard Edition.

1. Do I keep the level and logbook when I move to the licensed.

See above. If you buy MSFS via the Microsoft Store, your logbook and Marketplace purchases will carry over (as long as you login with the same Gamertag). If you buy MSFS via Steam, you will lose any purchases you made while playing via Game Pass.

Thanks, and happy flying!
MSFS Team

1 Like

I’am confused here, the first Quote you used about losing everyting is in no post of HairyBuddha7157 mentioned But in the post of GamingCat2130. He is in my opinion the one who makes a statement that was never used by HairyBuddha7157. Syldon13 answers the questions of HairyBuddha7157 also not claiming that you will loose everything you accomplished sofar.

@SeedyL3205 well spotted

I hope he realised that steam is a different platform from game pass, and he may loose stuff if he moves there. The reason you keep everything when you buy from the store after using game pass is that it is all the same platform.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.