Moving head forward and backward moves instruments forward and backward

Hi,

when trying VR with my Quest 2 at first, if i remember well, when i was sitting in the cockpit, facing instruments, i was able to move my head forward to get closer to the instruments, and moving backward i was coming back to the view with outside.

but now, i don’t know whuch parameter i changed, when i move my head forward, the instruments panel move also forward, so i cannot get close to instruments to get a better view of them.
Do u notive same behavior and how to correct it ?

By the way, i know that there is also the right click on mouse which bring the instruments close and clear, so i can manage through that way …

If you changed the openXR runtime to steamVR, then that’s probably why. Using Link+Quest with that has some kind of weird stretching distortion tied to head movement. Check the registry key for the openXR runtime and see which one it’s using. If it is indeed steamVR, changing back to the Oculus one will probably fix this for you.

thks for answer,

but do you mean the path here in the registry ?

i guess its the right one, so should be something else

It seems you’re losing one axe, the one managing deep, and only have the giroscope managing angles of your headset…
Do you have enough light in your room as Quest use internal camera instead of external infrared sensor like mine (Oculus CV1), so I can play in full dark?

Yes, I think have enough light…

So i have still this, when i move my head forward, the cockpit moves also forward, same for backward or left and right.
The cokpit follows my horizontal head movements.
But for vertical movements its ok, i can lower the sight and i see the bottom of the front panel, same for upper level, here the cokpit is not following my head movement which seems normal.

Do you have the same when u do VR ?
Or is there something wrong with my installation ?

Quest 2 either via Oculus Link or Steam VR

No definitively something wrong here. You should be able to move your head naturally like in real life, like I do with my headset and all VR headset in the market (but the oculus Go and similar like Samsung Gear which only have rotations axes).
Did you try in another VR apps what happen? In the Oculus Home environment for example, all is fine?

its the same, all is moving horizontally, left/right and forward/backward when is move my head

should be some parameter somewhere… but really don’t see where it can be :slight_smile:

Whenever i encountered this, it was a problem with the tracking (Rift CV1 or WMR). Quest uses inside out as far as i know, so maybe better lighting your room?

Make sure you don’t have another system like TrackIR running at the same time. I found that switching from TrackIR to VR caused the camera to get pinned in a strange way.

Problem solved or seems to b e solved.
I remove all tracking softwares previously installed as suggested by @monads4ever

but i recreate also a guardian for my Quest

i don’t know which one was the solution but now i can move the head in every ways, nothing moves except me.

thanks
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Recalibrating the guardian for my Quest 2 fixed this same problem for me.

1 Like

Had same problem. Re-calibrating guardian for the Rift s fixed this for me also.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.