Moving MFS files from C to D drive

Goal: To move ‘users/[abc]/appdata/roaming/microsoft flight simulator’ folder and files to D drive from C drive.

I successfully installed via Steam MFS2020 to my D drive including the ‘Official’ and ‘Community’ folder but the above ‘microsoft flight simulator’ folder which holds data, scenery, missions, weather, maps and caches was installed on the C drive. I would like to move all the files and data to the D drive. Can this be done?

Hopefully below is a picture of the files in question.

I would try with mklink /j dirA dirB. check on google how to use that. Basically you move the content of the folder, and inside the emptied folder in appdata you do the mklink to the D drive wherever you moved the content.

1 Like

Thanks for your help. I was able to move the 8GB ‘rolling cache’ to the D drive thru MFS in options, general, data. This meant deleting and rebuilding the ‘rolling cache’ in D drive which was fine. Now my users/ appdata/ roaming/ microsoft flight simulator folder is only 10MB. So I think I will leave moving this for now till I learn more about the contents.

For those who want more information of ‘mklink’ you can read over this explainer here:

The Complete Guide to Creating Symbolic Links (aka Symlinks) on Windows

Thanks.

1 Like