Moving to 1440p how is this for a Monitor?

AORUS FI32Q 32" 165Hz 1440p HBR3, NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible, Exclusive Built-in ANC, -KVM, 2560x1440 Display

amazon
I need a new main monitor … MSFS is my only game … any one have a view on this monitor?

intel 12700 and RTX 3080 system .
thanks

Seems too expensive if MSFS is your only game where there is no need for high Hz, etc. I got a sceptre 35” ultra wide 3440 x 1440 100 Hz for $379 US and LOVE it! Fabulous picture, great blacks, etc.

2 Likes

That monitor looks good, however, your system specs would support 4k and you could easily get a 37-43" 4k LED smart TV that supports HDR10 for the same price. Just make sure the HDMI port version on the RTX 3080 and the TV will support the bandwidth you need given the refresh rate, resolution, HDR, etc you want to run at.

I have this TV and MSFS looks fantastic:

Samsung Q70/Q70A QLED Review (QN55Q70AAFXZA, QN65Q70AAFXZA, QN75Q70AAFXZA, QN85Q70AAFXZA) - RTINGS.com

1 Like

If you only have room for a 32" monitor, then I say go with this:

Besides the RGB lighting and way more angles than needed in the plastic, I’m not sure what makes a “gaming” monitor. The Samsung costs less, has brilliant colors and razor sharp graphics, and has built-in Wi-Fi so you can stream your favorite online video service without having to have your kilowatt PC running just to watch Stranger Things. There’s also a 43" version for the same price as the one your looking at.

1 Like

I should remind folk there’s nothing to stop them using ultrawide resolutions of 3840 x xxxx using windowed mode on a 4k monitor, they can even pop out instuments to the unused area. Of course there is still the question of glaring white menu bars but IMO there is little or no reason Asobo couldn’t offer a frameless mode if the demand from us users was high enough.

1 Like