MS Sidewinder Force feedback 2 shows a question mark as icon

That my MS Sidewinder Force feedback 2 won’t work with this sim. I know it is now an outdated controller but a good one still going strong.

What cheap joystick will work with MFS as i don’t want to spend a lot of money.

1 Like

That my MS Sidewinder Force feedback 2 won’t work with this sim…

Just curious–why won’t it work? I’ve been flying with mine since release.

1 Like

I just assumed its too old as in the game it is just greyed out with a question mark through it.

It is my main joystick and it works for me (though force feedback is not implemented).
I just love this device and I wish it will remain usable for years.
Microsoft or another manufacturer should really consider making a new device based on this hardware.

2 Likes

That only means it’s not recognized by default. Just setup the axis manually. Literally a 5-minute job.

1 Like

I just assumed its too old as in the game it is just greyed out with a question mark through it.

No sir, it will work for you. Enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks for this. I have managed to map it all as i want BUT when i return the stick to centre the control surfaces dont return to centre on the aircraft for example i apply left aileron then stick back to neutral and the ailerons stay in the left position.

Not sure why it would do that but perhaps you have assigned this incorrectly? I have a Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 joystick and it works perfectly.

Perhaps check you’ve assigned these to the correct function. I seem to recall you need to make sure it’s the ones that have ‘axis’ in the title. [Sorry, not on my MSFS PC right now.]

Please make sure you do use “AXIS AILERON” as binding for the joystick axis. Do not use “AILERON PLUS” or “ROLL PLUS” or “ROLL INC” or something.

Same goes for “AXIS RUDDER” and “AXIS ELEVATOR”

Also check that it is calibrated correctly. Use the Windows joy.cpl to calibrate it.

I have a MS Force feedback joystick that worked great with the game including feedback until this last large update. Now it isn’t even recognized at all by the game even though it is still recognized by windows and still works great in other games. I am still trying everything I can think of to get it working again :frowning:

I am having a similar problem. Has been working great. Good for other games. The set-up in the Controls menu is still good. In the Sim, the it will work for the different views I have…switching from internal to external but the stick wont work for flying the plane. Is this a know issue from the last update?

No, mine works fine, but you do have to assign the controls yourself (to the various axes).

Mine is also still working fine after the last update.

Just to close the loop here…I had experimented with the AI feature and forgot to disengage it…All is working fine now…