Ms Sidewinder Force Feedback 2

And again… >>> “FS Force” announcement about implementation of FFB into FS2020

https://www.fs-force.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1468

1 Like

There may be a bigger issue to FFB support than just the FS Force. I had a Logitech Force Feedback Pro joystick (very similar to the 3dExtreme, but with FFB) and its 15 years old. The problem is with the drivers, Logitech has not created any drivers for Windows 10, so it has to use Generic drivers, which work well as a stick, but force feedback is not available at all with the generic drivers. So unless FS Force can override drivers, you may still not have FFB on all joysticks :frowning:

Also i dont know about the Sidewinder FFB2, but i had the original Sidewinder FFB, and that used the MIDI part of the soundblaster game port to send the FFB signals to the controller. Since those games ports became obsosolte ages ago, you may have a hard time trying to get the original working with FFB (USB to game port adapters usually do not have MIDI, end even them it was only a soundblaster style midi that worked properly).

This was the very reason i moved to the logitech joystick back in 2006… which was USB…

There are adaptors for the older FF sidewinders that use a teensy board and work very well with windows 10.
I don’tthink any of the sidewinders will have problems with FF.
My sidewinder 1 and 2 works great in XPlane with XPforce on windows and in FSX. We just need someone to create an interface to FS2020. Won’t be long.

5 Likes

Mine’s had a piece of tape on it since I got it :smiley:
Especially since I often don’t hold the stick with the full hand around it…

Thanks for the screen shots. I got my sidewider working because of this. Great

1 Like

From another thread, FFB is coming based on a working system for X-Plane, FSX, FSW and P3D.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/psa-xpforce-force-feedback-will-be-coming-to-fs2020/231168/2

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing bud!

1 Like

what i use for camera views

None of the CH products are supported either. In an early FAQ about the release of MFS there was a list of the supported controllers. Essentially Thrustmaster or Logitech.

My Sidewinder Precision 2 works fine P3d but not at all MFS. Hard to believe Microsoft isn’t supporting their own hardware. Of course it is old, but so is the supported Logitech Extreme 3d Pro.

Mine works great. Its not detected by MSFS but you can easily assign the axis and buttons as required.
Theses sticks maybe old but their accuracy is probably better than many modern sticks. Can’t wait until we get some force feedback via 3rd party devs.

The CH Stuff should all work, as should toehr “non supported” hardware. Basically it seems that “supported” means it has a built in config file. If your hardwqre is working in Windows, you should be able to set it up in FS, just need a little time to do it.

We would need even less time if MIcrosoft included a few extra lines of code in MFS and provided support for these joysticks in the release.

Can you please tell me how I can make my Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 to work in MFS2020? For the moment I see it under Controller but my plane doesn’t react at all…

click on the Filter on left side and select “ALL”. By default the filter is set to “ASSIGNED”. Than you will get all controls and you will be able to set the axis and buttons like you want to.

Look up through this thread to about Aug 21 and check the posts by SquatterAunt721. He has very comprehensive instructions (including screenshots). Basically you need to manually assign the buttons and axis of your joystick to the sim flight controls. Hope this helps. Good luck :grinning:

Thanks for the advice!

UPDATE: Rudder dead zone fixed ? Good to know but where what link discuss about this fix please?

1 Like

Ah OK, I settled mine to the Z axis on my first custom configuration. Thought I didn’t set a dead zone letting at 0% deadzone. All the axis are -49% sensitivity and 0% deadzone. Happy with that.
Nevertheless thanks for your input.

1 Like