MS Store purchased airports slow down sim start significantly!

The sim for whatever reason behaves different for everyone on all the different hardware that we have. I own the Premium version with tons of add-ons from the store. The more add-ons you have the slower it get. It happens to many of us.

How many MS store add-ons do you have and which version of the sim do you have?

Only half a dozen or so, all updated to SU12 … I did get rid of several that I never use and that includes half the world updates. Standard version.

That explains why your comes up so fast! Thanks.

1 Like

I still think that’s not the issue. Have you tested without the community and without addon apps running alongside?

Yes, I have renamed the Community folder, and that doesn’t really make a difference. I do have all the World updates installed. I deleted some of the Market Place stuff, but still have hundreds of enhanced airports and that is what really slows it down.

MS/Asobo don’t have an efficient way to check you add-ons and they are all encrypted which is why I think it takes a long time.

Most of the time while the sim is coming up, my CPU/GPU utilization in low and I just see a lot of network activity.

Anyone with lots of add-on like me, same the same long startup times. Stuff if you community folder comes up much faster that in store merchandise.

Overall I have about over 600 mods.

1 Like

Some folk have double that amount and still only need 3 minutes … usual suspects are overfilled drives and inadequate virtual memory but you might also look for firmware updates for your SSDs etc. And despite your fast local internet you should check your ping to the MS servers by clicking on your in sim profile icon.

I have two Samsung Pro NVMe drives and firmware is up to date on both. Benchmarks show that they are close to the 7000 MB/s advertised to Gen 4 drives. Probably not getting the full 7000 due to a few things running in the background.

I have of 128GB of high speed real ram. In theory I should never used Virtual Ram. My drives have sufficient free space and each drive has 10% overprovisioning which Samsung claims extends drive life and increases performance.

My speed test now was slow, but ping is 20 ms, which is good.

I have an ASUS Rog MAXIMUS XIII HERO MB, which is a decent MB.

I will later check my ping to the MS servers. Working on some stuff now that I have to finish, but I will try later and update my post.

Don’t know why, but some of us just have really bad load times on good hardware.

Modern Windows uses virtual memory for queuing purposes etc. regardless of how much ram or video ram you have. I have a fixed 15GB page on my C: and have disabled them on all other drives, with all those addons I feel you may need a little more (say 20GB). Whatever happens disable the one for your MSFS packages drive.