MS Store Version - get loading splash screen then closes to desktop

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Launch MSFS as admin, receive the welcome splash screen of the aircraft flying over the water and then after a short time it closes and MSFS fails to launch. Tried a system restore, worked briefly after reinstalling MSFS but problem continued again shortly after.

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.30.12.0, time stamp: 0x63c56d8f
Faulting module name: combase.dll, version: 10.0.25290.1000, time stamp: 0x7940a621
Exception code: 0xc0000602
Fault offset: 0x00000000000413c9
Faulting process ID: 0x0x1488
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D93C7F8DBED7B0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.30.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\combase.dll
Report ID: 89e5e67d-f2b9-4949-9389-e910023936f7
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.30.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Don’t launch it as Admin. It runs in the user context.

1 Like

Hello!

Your topic has been moved into the Community Support category.

The Bug Reporting category is for posting suspected or confirmed bugs that other users are able to reproduce. Using the template is required in order to provide valuable information, feedback, and replication steps to our test team.

If you are not sure if your issue is a bug or need further input from the community, please use the Community Support category. If the community can replicate your issue, first search the Bug Reporting category to see if there’s an existing topic. If it already exists, contribute to that report. Duplicate bug reports will be closed.

If you believe it is a new report, then create a new bug topic using the provided topic template.

Thanks, however it makes no difference. End result is the same.

Ok, not sure what the issue is. You could try making sure the Xbox store app and gaming services are up to date. Also try logging out of the xbox app and then logging back in again, but never try to run MSFS as administrator as its not designed to work that way. Hope you get it sorted. :+1:

Right-click “start” > select task manager
Click “startup apps” > maximize a window
Take a screenshot and paste into topic

Here is a link to the Support Troubleshooter for ths issue:

@TheSevenflyer - thanks, but none of the tips suggested in your link fix my issue either.

It might be a “save” issue.

@S15THM
Disable RtkAudUService64, Update (discord), Spotify, Tobi, Navigraph, Simbrief.

Uninstall Realtek HD Audio Driver
Restart PC

Download and install Realtek Audio Driver
https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-software

Restart PC

Still no joy I’m afraid. I’m at my witts end here. So it didn’t work - then I system restored and done a fresh reinstall and it worked briefly, however the next day reverted to the same behaviour as before the factory reset. Very very strange.

At the end of the CTD troubleshooter article I posted above, there are links to the next three series of troubleshooter checklists.
Did you go through those as well?

Yup, I done a fresh install as per that checklist and it worked for a brief period of time before encountering the same issue. I’ve played since this was released and never had this problem before. It’s highly frustrating as it seems to be an isolated issue with nobody else experiencing the same problem.

1 Like

The next thing I would do is from the “Support” tab at the top of every MSFS forum page, “Submit a Request” to Zendesk. They have a lot more background in these types of issues and will get back in touch with you, but sometimes that can take a few days.

If they don’t seem to be able to offer a solution, the faulting module is combase.dll, as you have posted.
This link on how to solve combase.dll issues may be some help:

Let us know how you make out!

I have the exact same issue and cannot figure it out at all.

Seems my event error is the same as you :

Been searching the net for a hot minute and cannot find a solution to this issue :

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.30.12.0, time stamp: 0x63c56d8f
Faulting module name: combase.dll, version: 10.0.25290.1000, time stamp: 0x7940a621
Exception code: 0xc0000602
Fault offset: 0x00000000000413c9
Faulting process id: 0x0x3FC4
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9419B2229A7A8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.30.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\combase.dll
Report Id: a112790e-d675-4539-b0dd-0105873c0dbe
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.30.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Re installed Flight Sim, Game Services, Xbox App. Community is Empty. 3rd party apps are not installed.
I don’t get it…

Running windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25290
Ryzen 9 3900X
64GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060

Any help would be awesome!

Not recommended for gamers.