Msfs 2020 insert disc?

I found another thread about this and there you stop the gaming service and reinstall it again. That finally helped me.

Gaming Services were installed through the Microsoft Store on my PC for the first time today. Now, of course, the Sim is asking for the Flight Sim Disk. Can’t uninstall, won’t repair as recommended previously, can’t disable the tasks, they just reenable. I wasn’t missing anything before it was installed, but it now prevents me from using the Sim.

Thanks Microsoft

Hi, I found this here in the community. Didnt know how to share the ink so I copy and paste instead. I folowed this steps and it works ike a charm!

1: all i did was LEAVE the Windows Gaming service BETA, guess i signed up some time ago.
Once you have left, run the powershell commands as others have
get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

wait a few minutes

2: Reboot

3: Search for in the Microsoft Store “gaming services” and install, or use the PowerShell command

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
and it will find it for you, then install.

i then ran MSFS and hey presto !

Please note i did NOT leave the MSFS Beta. so it’s NOT a MSFS issue really.

Yes! Reinstalling Gaming Services apparently found my virtual CD drive and inserted my virtual sim disk to allow my sim to complete its startup. Let us hope conditions won’t re-occur along with the resulting disk request.

Thanks to all that contributed.

1 Like