Msfs 2020 insert disc?

I found another thread about this and there you stop the gaming service and reinstall it again. That finally helped me.

Gaming Services were installed through the Microsoft Store on my PC for the first time today. Now, of course, the Sim is asking for the Flight Sim Disk. Canā€™t uninstall, wonā€™t repair as recommended previously, canā€™t disable the tasks, they just reenable. I wasnā€™t missing anything before it was installed, but it now prevents me from using the Sim.

Thanks Microsoft

Hi, I found this here in the community. Didnt know how to share the ink so I copy and paste instead. I folowed this steps and it works ike a charm!

1: all i did was LEAVE the Windows Gaming service BETA, guess i signed up some time ago.
Once you have left, run the powershell commands as others have
get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

wait a few minutes

2: Reboot

3: Search for in the Microsoft Store ā€œgaming servicesā€ and install, or use the PowerShell command

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
and it will find it for you, then install.

i then ran MSFS and hey presto !

Please note i did NOT leave the MSFS Beta. so itā€™s NOT a MSFS issue really.

1 Like

Yes! Reinstalling Gaming Services apparently found my virtual CD drive and inserted my virtual sim disk to allow my sim to complete its startup. Let us hope conditions wonā€™t re-occur along with the resulting disk request.

Thanks to all that contributed.

1 Like

Still not working with all the options here, uninstalled and reinstalled more than 5 times from the store, still the same. When am I going to get a match between my gaming time and this @#$#% sim available?

1 Like

I was flying, left the program, came back into it, and it wants a discā€¦ I kind of recall this during Beta Testing, and I thought there had been some simple fix to the problem - but uninstalling and reinstalling is not it!

The ONLY thing I am doing, is using the launcher to start MSFS 2020, and it crashes to the Insert a disc error.

Off the wall note here: THIS WORKED FOR ME - I did NOT, however reboot the computer in Step 2.

This is pure nonsense, and it should not be happening!

Thanks for reposting this Klumsy67!

1 Like

NOTE - RUN POWERSHELL as Administrator - I completely misread it, as I thought I could do that IN Powershell - but later on, when I tried this from Klumsy67, I RIGHT CLICKED the Powershell tool, and when I right clicked it, I noted the ā€œRun as Administratorā€ option - once I did this - it did the trick!

I did not have to reboot my computer, and I had nothing to do with any sort of Beta stuff. I had Beta Tested MSFS 2020, but due to that experience, I held off on buying it until Jul 2022 - to give them the chance to fix everything they had left broken.

1 Like

Didnā€™t help me. Gaming Services wonā€™t let me install itself. Get the error code 0x80070057 when I try.

For me it was my Kaskerpsky [Moderator Edit: Bypassing censored words are not allowed] firewall blocking it. Disabling Kaspersky made everything work like a charm. Hope my solution can help others.

I just had this same problem.
Tried ALL the things everyone mentioned.
Turns out it was my Anti-Virus that disabled the Flightsim.exe file from accessing the net.
(Happened after i tried downloading an add-on that it found to be corruptā€¦or so it thought so)
Re-Enabled the .exe file in my Firewall and its all good now.

Hello,

Hereā€™s what I found (that actually worked for me) after trying all of the listed options.

I clicked on start and selected my Windows account and then under related settings I selected manage my account. What I found was several of my PC builds and also my most recent / current.

I deleted the old PC devices from my account (as these were no longer in use and just an artifact in my Microsoft account). I rebooted my PC and it worked like a charm.

Hope this helps anyone else that is experiencing the ā€œplease insert diskā€ anomaly.

Take care and all the best,