MSFS 2020 SU5 Difference between LOD 200, 400, 800 during descent from FL170 to FL090

Side by Side Graphic Setting Comparison - Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 - YouTube

This is the biggest turnoff of SU5 and MSFS now!!! Many landmarks or skyscrappers that defined the cities or used for VFR cant be seen where you expect to see it in real life, you will need to fly super close enough for it pop out!! I truly pity users who fly VFRā€¦

And some of the users that commented everything is gd etcā€¦i obviously recognized these users are also the ones that started editing values in file to try to get back to the scenery quality of SU4ā€¦lol.

Asobo is a joke, developing flight sim but with little understanding of the community and the flight sim genre. Or maybe they are really just after more customers and money, realistic or not they really didnt care.

And MS, dont forget they retrenched the entire team who developed FSX when business was no gd as reported in pressā€¦ and ā€œabandonā€ the community for dunno hw many years? And is now bck claiming the importance of recognizing FSX during their early MSFS campaignā€¦

5 Likes

Can confirm - the secret trick to upping the LOD was ensuring your profile reads custom. If its set to Ultra as mine was and you only overwrote and set the file to RO, there would be no increase in the LOD.

Just to be clear since its late for me: the below config works increasing LOD at the expense of FPS obvioulsy. If the Preset reads Ultra - the LOD increase wonā€™t work.

{Graphics
Version 1.1.0
Preset Custom
{Texture
MaxAnisotropy 16
Quality 0
}
{SuperSampling
SuperSampling 3
}
{Terrain
LoDFactor 9.000000
}
{ObjectsLoD
LoDFactor 9.000000
}

1 Like

Thatā€™s the bottom line, money, money, moneyā€¦

Thanks for the tips guys. I didnā€™t see any difference between LOD 2 and LOD 9 previously, but when I set the Preset to custom I see trees out to the horizon on 4.0:

LOD= 9 with Preset to Ultra:

LOD=4 with preset to Custom:

Personally I canā€™t see much else that is different besides the object draw distance. Agree about the oversaturated and blurry textures. Will try sharpening.

1 Like

So, Iā€™m OK with the visuals on 4.0. I could increase LOD to 5.0 but I get stutter when turning my head. Iā€™m hoping that someone figures a way around the memory cap they have going on. I think I could push the LOD higher if I could store more data in my RAM.

1 Like

Yes RAM is ā– ā– ā– ā– 

Have 32gb but ONLY 10 gb is used
Probably because that darn xbox just has 16

What a mess

2 Likes

My max CPU RAM usage is less than 6 GB. I have 32ā€¦

2 Likes

yep same here, mind boggling isnt it.

1 Like

Yep I find turning up the LOD my ram doesnā€™t really increase but it introduces stutter on my end.

1 Like

Itā€™s a xbox port now Not what we paid for

4 Likes

Iā€™m the same with my PC
LOD 4 looks great and I get a solid 60fps but if I pan left or right it all CPU cores spike to 100% for a couple of seconds and it takes 2-3 seconds for it to settle back to 60 fps

very annoying

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.