MSFS 2024 immersion dreams [Xbox series X]

Since the announcement of FS2024 I am very excited about the improvements, I see that a relevant work is in progress on the engine, memory and data optimization.

My hope here is that this work can give us a better immersion that we lost in current FS after many updates, updates which affected negatively overall quality and visual realism.

The scenery textures handling is a very important item on the immersion thing. We must have the most realistic distance feeling: how the distance makes everything more blue and blur, look though medium and short range and don’t see texture issues, gradual and realistic handle of range gradient and etc.

Anti-aliasing is fundamental in Flight simming, it can handle many texture issues very well and give us the feeling of immersion. We miss it in Xbox, we had it in beginning but it’s gone away after earlier updates.

So I hope you work with so much dedication and passion in the realistic feeling of flying, I hope you will be able to handle eventual textures issues the best way you can do, (create blur masks, try anti aliasing, realistic atmosphere layers and etc) I hope you do everything to ensure distance looks realistic and not sharp, workaround issues in short range, etc.

Well, use all of your creative power to give us a better immersion in this new flight sim, even in XBOX.

Thank you all !!

2 Likes

How the new sim will portray distance is something I have been concerned about as well. The current sim has a base scenery that has been downloaded to everyone and then detailed scenery gets downloaded in a ‘ring’ around the aircraft that is determined by your TLOD settings. The sim doesnt have realistic global haze that would decrease contrast and add slight blur. It currently uses what keeps getting called ‘fog’ along with clouds in place of any varying haze.

I don’t know what they have in mind but I too hope it will be more realistic. I’d love for the fisheye view to be decreased while still maintaining a good field of view and I’d love for the haze density to be less even with distance as it appears now. It should get exponentially thicker with distance and therefore be thinner up close but yet still thick at the horizon.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s all about it. A realistic flight sim to be immersive must do it with a realistic field of view. I see quality issues making short distance to look really bad, I think some changes in the distance management could make everything more realistic and give more quality, avoid unnecessary graphical processing on longer ranges, do it by working with realistic blur layers and give us in counterpart short ranges to be more accurate.

In conclusion, give us the feeling of distance just like real world looks like, you can improve it, avoid unrealistic details and sharpness in long distance and optimize it in nearly distances.

You can see what I’m talking about flying current Sim in a clear and Sunny weather under midday light, near cities with no photogametry in a XBOX Series X.