MSFS, Aerowinx PSX, Navigraph Charts, Pilot2ATC, FSUIPC7 and WidePSX. The perfect 747-400

Please see comments below the video for details.

4 Likes

Hi, Can this be run on a single computer and single monitor? Also, what is the price for WidePsx? Is there any other software needed?

thanks

Hi @airlinejets,
WidePSX is USD 30 if I remember right.
Yes, 1pc and monitor for PSX, MSFS and WidePSX.
If you look on YouTube you’ll find videos of different setups.
WidePSX has a demo available that is the same as the full release except that it only runs for 20 minutes.
Hope that answers your question.

Thank you for the quick reply. I’m seriously looking at purchasing PSX. This would be the perfect fix for a study level sim, as we know it could be a while before the add-ons come.

cheers

I guess you’ve already checked out the forum. The people there are very helpful and VERY experienced. There are also some great training resources too, especially from Britjet.
Good luck.

1 Like

I am running my first flight right now with PSX linked to MSFS via WidePSX, and it is working beautifully.

I’m using a single computer, but rather than trying to overlay the PSX flight deck on the MSFS window, I am running MSFS on my primary 4K monitor, and PSX on my secondary 1080P monitor.

I have a custom 6-pack set of views optimized for the 1080p, so prefer to keep PSX on its own dedicated monitor.

I am using the landing view with the default MSFS 747, with the seat raised by pressing the space bar, which gives an excellent forward vfiew, with the Drone camera for outside views. It’s a great combination!

@HalberQuacky
Sounds great.
I’ve experimented with many setups and still am but one common thread is the need to keep both MSFS and PSX in a single “view”. I find that especially important for say a complex landing at Kai Tak.
I saw a setup on YouTube a bit like this:

where PSX is running on the left monitor as a server with MSFS running on the main monitor but an instance of PSX running as a client inset on the main monitor. In this example the inset is too big ad intrusive and maybe does not need the MCP and FMC.
In this example:

I’ve got MSFS in full screen and PSX in allwaysontop.ahk mode. I find this gives perhaps the most realistic view out of the cockpit window.
If you look under the Tutorials pages on the Aerowinx forum you’ll find a post by Hardy on how to start multiple instances of PSX correctly with a single click.
I’ve almost got the landing at VHHX off the IGS 13 nailed but not quite!

Hi FunkyHut
Thanks for posting this, it looks amazing
I’m so close to buying this, I just have some concerns about the fairly stale movement of the aircraft in MSFS
I know the whole point is PSX is ultra-realistic, but I am coming to this as a casual simmer, and so I’m concerned the aircraft will feel a bit too “detached” from the MSFS world
Does it interact with the taxiways and runways realistically?
Does it roll around in windy conditions as you’d expect? (i know the weather is not from MSFS but PSX currently)
I’m assuming with the weather sometimes not accurate in MSFS, it would be better to buy the REX weather injector to get a better match between MSFS weather visuals and PSX?
Thanks for any answers you can provide!!

@Player933331483
Here is a set of videos which explains the interaction. And yes, you can taxi and park at any gate!

Also see my PM.

Thanks.

that’s excellent, thanks so much for sharing!