MSFS Application Error - memory could not be read

Same Problem.

Update Today + WU X…

First flight after 1h > CTD

1 Like

Happened a couple of times the past few days, all updates installed. Today it happened at the loading screen after setting up a flight.

W11 / I9 / RTX 3080 / 64 GB Ram

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Had this issue several months ago, and it seemed to go away with one of the many Updates. I came back recently. getting it every other flight to every flight. I feel that we are the beta testers, and the problems that get the most attention get fixed first. great program when it works

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Can not use the sim anymore, continous memory crashes, this happened after defragging my hard drive in prefetch layout, before it works normal, very strange.

I’d been having the ‘memory could not be read’ issue and I can now say that it seems to have been caused by incorrectly (manually) setting the speed of my RAM (3600 mhz) in the bios.

My advice is to check this on your system - make sure you’ve done it correctly by using the XMP function in your bios (there are guides online). This fixed it for me. Alternatively, try running the RAM at stock speeds to see if that resolves the issue.

I am also running a larger page file/ virtual memory after following steps in this thread, although this alone did not fix the issue - it seems to have been the RAM all along.

1 Like

Sick of it…last update changed all of my graphic settings, and since the sim already crashes on load screen or latest few minutes after mission start, still on the ground…honestly, for me it is getting into scam category, ridiculous and very frustrating.
Of course the nice success stories and news are always in the spotlight.

2 Likes

I re downloaded the game around two months ago after not playing for a while, haven’t had a single flight since, done a windows reinstall, reinstalled the game several times and gone over every fix in this sub but it crashes every time. Im wondering if it is a problem with a type of cpu, or gpu some hardware that conflicts the files because i have friends that dont have a single problem. This is a brilliant game but is completely ruined by the developers lack real acknowledgement of problems and getting a quick fix. A joke really we have to wait until the next SU really until we might get a fix.

1 Like

I am not sure that it will be fixed with SU10.
so far the bug is not even on the list
Asobo will surely investigate this problem first :face_with_monocle: like all other bugs that are still being investigated after months.
It seems that they are hopelessly overwhelmed and move the bugs from update to update.
but hey it’s a 10 year’s project and we’ll surely get a well working sim but then only the question is for how long

1 Like

I’ve only been using MSFS since… Fenix ​​and PMDG… before that it wasn’t worth it. I also had this error with RAM error a few times… I was hoping yesterday that they would fix it with an update… but no… they’d rather waste their resources on Top Gun or HALO… ■■■

I am exactly of the same opinion
I bought planes for this simulator last month for about 250$. My conclusion at the moment is that until these problems are fixed or commented on by those responsible, I will not spend another cent on this sim.
If I would work like this I would have been fired a long time ago.

1 Like

I have same problem

I have been investigating my ram usage which is quite high and I’m using half of my 32gb of ram
Flying FBW with AIG
Do not use these memory cleaners , they are snake :snake: oil
What they do is delete your cached standby memory, and replace it with page file virtual ram which slows down your system
In resource monitor it shows more free ram but that doesn’t matter as msfs is looking for your cached ram , cannot find it in your free ram and boom the end result is a CTD
Stay away from these memory cleaners, windows manages ram much better than these programs tend to do , in fact they make it worse by slowing down processes and looking in your ssd instead, this not good

I also reverted the NDU back to 2 as it didn’t improve anything

Having said that , Asobo need to optimise this sim as I have never experienced this before

I have had this issue for some time but since SU10 I have NOT COMPLETED A SINGLE FLIGHT!.

So this issue has become worse since SU10.

Have been trying to fly the PMDG 737. Using Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo.

1 Like

I couldn’t fly the PMDG 737 before WU10 kept CTD , but I was using a memory cleaner and I suspect this caused it to CTD

I flew tonight the FBW from EGSS to LEPA without any memory cleaner , using AIG and my ram is xmp1 2 hour flight went fine gate to gate

So still testing but my ram stayed steady at 16gb physical ram used , 16gb standby ram
And a few mb of free ram using windows resource manager

1 Like

They’ve basically ignored my Zendesk ticket, and referred me to a general windows fix from Jan 2021.

However, I have (I believe) fixed the issue on my PC - 6 days and ~18hrs crash free flight.

I just want to verify my fault and fix - by breaking it and fixing it again (risky!!) and then I will type up my findings.

However, I’m still of the opinion that the crash is symptomatic of some pretty deep seated issues with the sim itself, which is why so many users report different causes and fixes.

5 Likes

Never had this error before, only very few CTD’s. Now I get this crash on 2 consecutive flights immediately after installing World Update X

They are ignoring your ticket because they don’t want to admit they screwed up the sim when they did WU9 to help move resources off the GPU and move it to the Ram and chip set. They did this because lower graphic card users were complaining they had to turn their settings to low with earlier MSFS versions. What that did do though is now give random people Memory cannot be read CTD no matter on the amount of RAM or how good your GPU is. They Also made WU mandatory. I would gladly go backwards to earlier versions of MSFS when it was stable than deal with this ■■■■. Meanwhile, we all on here waste time and no flying to find a workaround that MS/Asobo created. Frustrated!

1 Like

Welcome to the 700 club OKRA96. Enjoy reading backwards of several months of posts trying to find a workaround for this issue. Microsoft/Asobo think we’re nuts and the CTD does not happen.

1 Like

Right when I went to external view it CTD for me. About time to go back to FSX for me. The CTD issue has made the game unplayable.

1 Like

After 14 successful flights, this is my solution: In the ASUS motherboard BIOS settings, I set the RAM speed to auto and do not specify it (I have 3200Mhz, and that is what it was set in the BIOS). There is no CTD since the AUTO value is set. See if it helps you!

2 Likes