MSFS Application Error - memory could not be read

Welcome to the club😉

GUYS I FOUND A SOLUTION !!

Since I got that error when I was flying over ireland and usually when I was flying Fenix a320 after 2 Hours the sound and FPS used to drop terrible, I was searching through different modules and what I did was, change the minimum and maximum on my pc Virtual memory and so far I have not gotten the error anymore

the steps to do it are :

Control panel
System
Advanced system configuration
Advanced options
Performance
Advanced options
Virtual Memory
AND THERE THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE
You will change to Custome virtual memory
it is around 4982 for initial and Maximum
on Initial you will place half of your RAM capability ieg: I have 32GB so half is 16 but it needs to be in MB so
Initial: 16384
and on max you will place all your RAM capabality again in MB
Max: 32768
Then SET
ACCEPT
APPLY and reboot your pc

So far and since I did the change my sim has not had any stutter , lag or performance issue flying on very detailed airports with good airplanes like the Fenix a320 and doing multiple flights and now using GSX, it is behaving awesome

I hope it helps you ! and good flights

Will this solution that we have to do be because of the great xbox console or am I wrong?

Thanks now I’ll try it “FelipeNovoa478”

Thinking about it, I will leave it as it is, because when it is not one thing, it will be 2 or 3.

1 Like

I did that back when this first started. It seam to work but they came back. I stoped chaseing it. I reset it back to managed size. This is a code issue and im sure there aware of it. It does look like more and more people are bieng effected by this recently wich isnt good. I hope Asobo findes the answers.

2 Likes

Same there. Tons of errors and CTD since yesterday. What a shame.

1 Like

please seperate the kind of CTD , so that we can correlate the issues.

This topic is still for “memory could not be read” only, and not for each kind of CTD. Within the other mentioned topic we collect the CTDs which are new for most users and started some days ago ( ~16 August ). Mainly the “ntdll” error message.

As @FSIkarus mentioned, it might be very intressting whether for some users the “memory could not be read” message is also new since last days. If that correlates it might be an intressting information for the developers.

Just FYI, I got the
“memory could not be read error" yesterday (en route from EICK to EIKY in the Bae 146), I don’t recall getting this type of error in MSFS before.

1 Like

I am seriously had enough, this error keeps popping up and no matter what I try the error won’t get fix.

with me this error has unfortunately also reappeared with beta 1.27.16.0. had until then the error 2 months no longer had
it looks like they have changed something in the memory optimization in beta 1.27.16.0 which has brought back the error for me

I’ve joined to SU10 beta yesterday. Since then, I got about three or four of these “memory could not be read” errors. According to the number of sessions, I would estimate that 1-2 out of ten flights are showing this memory issue.

Just adding my own straw to break the camel’s back

Having the “error memory could not be read” for a while now.
I think it started maybe with the last Nvidia driver, or the one before that.
Nothing is reported in the Event Viewer in either categories.

No real impact if I fly on dense or not area ; complex aircraft or not ; etc
 It just randomly appears.
Most of the time, I get a headstart with ground hi-def textures stopping to load.

Sometimes, I get the Windows error pop but since MSFS is still running in the back, I simply put the window aside and continue my flight as if nothing happened.

It’s time to get some serious code cleaning done here, and stop joking with memory management.
It might sounds harsh as usual, but it is not acceptable in 2022 to still deliver mediocre update to a game out for 2 years now.

Running a beefy gig with 32GB RAM, RTX 3080, i9-12900k Intel Proc.
All temperature are good ; no overclock ; CPU at 40%, GPU at 70%, RAM at 8 GB at worst ; solid landline fibreoptic at 500MB.

2 Likes

Its been two days that I’ve started to receive that error. Please have it fixed soon. It is frastuating getting this error in 2022!

Windows 11, rtx 2060, i5 7th gen.

100% agree. By the way I’ve had many flights without the CTDs now. The only thing I changed was to start using the Map Enhancement Mod. Not sure if it is related.

My bet is that it is a combination of server load and client software that doesn’t handle the resulting delays very well.

It’s a weekend and theres probably nobody to notice the server(s) is on its knees. Constant retries, up to the point of client CTD, will probably be adding to the pain.

Just a guess :slight_smile:

I agree.

Developers should look into how the data downloaded from Bing servers are handled in case the tile is not found ; the downloaded package is corrupted ; server is timeout for too long ; etc

I have too the feelings that it has to do with online connection since it crashes whenever the ground tiles stop being update/downloaded.

I do not really care about the servers being overloaded because it is summer as I read above.
I am a client, not a developer. That is not my problem.
You need to be able to handle your program when the data you are expecting is not available.

It is fair enough to say that Bing coverage is not available everywhere.
And the sim does not crash because it just simply does not exist. It displays autogen tiles to cover for the lack of data.

To be fair to Asobo, it might be a faulty node along the route and not a problem of server capacity.
But again, in that case, you need to be able to have some kinds of fallback if the data you download are not in line with the ones you need.
And that, in this case, is completely Asobo’s fault.

1 Like

The nature of the error message might indicate that a log of server read failures is being kept somewhere in memory and that log is then overflowing its bounds, causing the invalid memory read?

Again, just a guess. :stuck_out_tongue:

Another one here
I never had this problem until 2 days ago.

In route, FL370 boom. It happened to me a couple times when loading too.

It is so frustrating to have this types of CTD, when you are NOT overloading the sim with addons

PS: I do NOT have GSX

I only started getting these problems WEF the 19th Aug. The messages/CDT are now happening on every flight, after the first hour of the flight.
I also still have P3d V5.1 and I ran a 10 hour flight yesterday, using the QW B787-1000 which is heavier on the FPS than the FBW A320 on MSFS. Absolutely no problems at all. Not an technical expert like many contributors but it would indicate to me that it is a MSFS problem and not a hardware problem. I have a medium level system.
I may have to carry on using P3d for a while until this issue can be addressed!!

1 Like

Have never had CTD issues, maybe only one or two over the last 18 months before this week (call my lucky!). However this week I’ve had one every single day whilst cruising after about 60-70 mins. Seems to be the case for everyone, but just adding my name to the list of many of us so Asobo realise the scale of the issue.

1 Like