MSFS cant find the Official folder at startup

After a CTD, when I start MSFS the installazion manageer pop up and ask for installation as you can see. Since begin of MSFS I have this path for MSFS and never change. MSFS will install the complete “official - onestore” folder, 20 GB.
Yesterday I had the same problem, installed all new as requestet and today the same. Any help?

For MS Store install

1. In File Explorer, go to:
    C:\Users\userid\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

2. Edit with Notepad: UserCfg.opt

3. Scroll down to the last line of this file.
    Verify the "InstalledPackagesPath is “E:\MSFS2020”.
    This states where FS2020 expects your files (Community and Official Folders) to be stored.

4. With File Explorer, verify that the Official folder is stored in E:\MSFS2020.

If there, then is there room on this disk for the 20 GB update?

Your screenshot states that the it has 20 GB to store but you only
have 522 GB of disk space available on E:\MSFS2020.

thanks, all that I have done yesterday and today it was happemd again. I think I have 522 GB free for the 20GB?!

Hello, I also had CTD today, when I restarted the simulator I also got the window telling me that I have to download MSFS2020 again (126GB)
My drive is a 1TB NVME dedicated to MSFS, which means I have the space.

Is this a new bug?
Should I redownload the whole thing (126GB) at the next CTD?

Asobo/MICROSOFT releases updates which only make MSFS less and less stable.

I’ve never had a problem on Xplane

You should not have to download it again if you have it installed in the
drive/folder specified in UserCfg.opt.

And you have a UserCfg.opt file.
And you have pointed the install location (drive/folder) in the
box on the installation screen.
And if the data in your install drive/folder is good.

I completely agree with you, I shouldn’t have to re-download the data and yet I’ve been downloading to the MSFS server for over 5 hours now, which doesn’t exceed 2MB/s.
As soon as Asobo releases an update, this simulator becomes a nightmare !! :grimacing:
I didn’t modify anything, my UserCfg file is good, I had everything and everything was working fine until the simulator crashed. When restarting I get the installation manager screen which tells me that I need to download the standard content.