MSFS Closes (No error) CTD

I am having an issue where MSFS simply closes with no error shortly after loading a flight. This can be on a vanilla state, with or without addons, anywhere. I have done all possible troubleshooting (rolled back drivers, updated drivers, ran with and without peripherals, reinstalled windows, multiple reinstalls of MSFS). After reinstalling windows and the game yesterday I was able to utilize for it with all addons for a few hours (was able to do 2 flights), but then today all of a sudden it started again. I have tried all possible troubleshooting found online (starting from xbox app, reinstalling it, etc.) I am running the most recent version of MSFS (Store) with the below specs:

|Processor|AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core Processor 4.50 GHz|
|Installed RAM|32.0 GB (31.1 GB usable)|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|
|Version|22H2|
|Installed on|‎3/‎31/‎2023|
|OS build|22621.1413|

I am reading here and there that this is a known issue and Asobo is aware, but it usually doesn’t describe what is happening. Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks so much!

Did you check EventViewer for more information on what is causing the crash?

I can try, though I am unfamiliar with how to use the event viewer.

Click on “Start” and the. Type “eventvwr” and press enter.

You’ll have to scroll through (or filter) the events to find what was going on at time of crash.

Google is also your friend.

Based on what I can see the error I get its:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.31.22.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 31.0.15.3141, time stamp: 0x641398c6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000001cab3c
Faulting process id: 0x0x421C
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D965A3B4E39FD1
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.31.22.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_50916785244854f2\nvwgf2umx.dll
Report Id: c49ccf26-dee2-4a9e-9db8-56268eae7f0b
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.31.22.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Are you using Reshade or nVidia Filters?

I am not using either one

Which nVidia Driver and DX11 or 12?

Your problem appears to be with the drivers rather than the sim

I am using DX11, Driver 531.41. I have tried reinstalling, issue persists.

Downgrade the driver to 531.29

Do a clean installation.

Unfortunately I get the same issue happening

I just had it ctd on loading twice, but then load fine the 3rd time, all in normal mode.

I think sometimes the crashes aren’t on our side?

They are happening 100% of the time for me, from 0-15 min from loading a flight.

Since SU12 I’ve been getting CTD on pretty much every flight. Before SU12 I was getting only occasional CTD - about 1 out of every 15 flights. Hadn’t made any setting changes etc after SU12. Updated nvidia card but still got CTD. Emptied Community folder didn’t help either. Then I remembered that supposedly some improvements were made to ai in SU12 - so turned all airborne ai and all ground static ai off - and have now made the first flight without a CTD. Hopefully that addressed the problem I was having - need to try some more flights to see how it goes. And if good, then slowly increase ai levels to get at least some ai back without CTD. If still getting CTD then I don’t know what next to try - maybe switching to playing tiddlywinks……

MSFS, since SU12, isn’t only crashing to desktop after clicking ‘Fly Now’, it’s crashing my entire computer. Not seen anyone else with this issue though. Has my trusty 1080Ti finally met its match?

If you mean you are getting blue screens then its highly likely it’s a hardware or driver problem

are you using GSX or FS Realistic?

Seems like the nvwgf2umx.dll is causing the problem. Try some of these suggestions from Microsoft. Game crash. Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll - Microsoft Community

Nope, no blue screen, just a complete freeze. Have to restart the machine.