MSFS crashing on steam launcher

I’ve just been trying to launch MSFS on the Steam launcher, and it says starting, starts, crashes instantly and then goes back to the play button. Video can be provided if needed

Just removed everything from my community folder, it is not that.

in a first step, the error message from windows event viewer would be more interessting :wink:

Also there is a FAQ

Blind shots are cleanup AppData folder, rolling cache, etc…

I get no error mesage, just shuts

you mentioned “crash” and in each case of a crash exist an entry within the windows event viewer :slight_smile:

Otherwise you must may be tell a bit more, e.g. since when its happens, what you tried, have you mods installed ( in special had you former maps-replacement-mod installed ), have you checked xbox login, do you use additional tools ( e.g. process lasso ), new devices, new drivers, … just all informations where community can get an idea.

1 Like

I uninstalled everything, I ahave no other info on what it could be that’s why I’m asking

uninstalling a mod is sometime not sufficent, e.g. the problem with the map-replacement-mod which do changes within the windows hosts file, which needs manually reverted :slight_smile:

We have just more less glue whats going on on your system than you, therefore we must ask about infos :slight_smile:

Did you tried already the Fastlauch parameter ? ( note: all blind shot ideas :slight_smile: )

In steam , msfs , properties, startoptions :slight_smile:

I don’t find this, where is it?

• open Steam
  • right click on the MSFS2020 game icon
  • choose properties
  • then default opened is the “general” tab and there are is these “start options” field in which you can add the value -FastLaunch

note : that disable the startup videos , which was helpfull for some users ( beside of that msfs is faster ready )

there is none of that?

:slight_smile: yep… that is an optional Parameter value you can enter into the field “Launch Options” :slight_smile:

sorry just realised, hahah, it didn’t do anything

1 Like

hmmm, then have you tried to clean app the AppData folder already ?

Where is this located?

enter %AppData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator into the Explorer.

note : that is a shortcut to C:\Users\XXXXXXyourUserNameXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator

In this folder you can delete:
folder cache
folder DCE
folder SceneryCache
folder SceneryIndexes
file ROLLINGCACHE.CCC

EDIT: fixed a typo %AppData… → %AppData%

1 Like

Nothing there.

have you seen my EDIT ?.. I forgot a “%”… these folder must exist, allways :slight_smile: Did you find ? or did you mean the folder is empty ?

didnt find it sorry :confused:

did it in this way ?

Yep… I did