MSFS Flight planner and airliners

Am i missing something , am i missing a lot ??
If youre not on vatsim or something like that but just fly only on internet in mfs 20, why shall you use any other flightplanner then the one in game??
I see many you tube movies and everyone is using a external flight planner, why??
What am i missing??

When i fly in a plane like the TBM ore the Citation and i arrive on airports is see only big airliners like Airbus and Boeing approaching.
These are also players on the internet.
Tell me what is so interesting about airliners??
What am i missing??

The same reason why people drive a tractor or a truck or train around in a game. Some people like realism. And for realism you need a tool that replicates real life flight plans, like Simbrief. It shows exactly how much fuel you need based on weight, weather etc., and a ton of information useful for your flight.

1 Like

Ok, so i understand thats not in the ingame flight planner?

No the in game planner just gives you a route based on real life navigation points. But it doesn’t calculate weight, fuel, weather, top of descent, etc. based on real life parameters.

The realism thing is fun when you enjoy learning things. If you just want to fly you don’t need anything external.

1 Like

Thank you.
Cleares a lot.

I plan my a320 flights in SimBrief, but mainly use the in-game planner for shorter TBM hops, pretty much for the same reasons @CptEvillian listed.

Remember when fsx used to offer a fuel prediction in the flight planner, if only there was that option for MSFS in game, especially between flights without having to exit.

I feel that there are some limitations with simbrief that can throw beginners of course.

For example

I did a flight from Nadi to LAX, with runway 34L and it have me a star that went through the paths of the 35s (Might be the other way round) and they never lined up with ils on navigraph (RNAV arrivals did)

Bit of researching showed me basically all flights from my corner of the world (NZ) their routing/Arrivals/STARS took them through the islands off California and North of the airport for a approach onto those northern runways (gillys I think is the arrivals/STARS)
But it never gave me that option through simbrief out of the number it gives you and it doesn’t give you the full selected possible STARS which I feel can be confusing for some especially those who don’t have navigrah and can’t quite work out why their routing doesn’t match up to flightradar24

It would be great if simbrief was integrated into msfs and more integrated into flightaware or fLTR24 so users can get the fuel predictions and optimal flight plan/altitude etc and with the help of the world map like its got currently, the lines of all the approaches and STARS linked with that airport so users can represent as closely as possible “real world” flights.
Then hopefully we will get in game ability to do multiple flights without having a messed up situation where various things like copilot no longer functional and slowing of the fps and also having to exit the game after each flight to do another flight and resetting/refreshing the game.

We can type in an new route within a flight but I feel that each and every new flight you do, the game gets weirder and weirder A230 was an example and some aircraft such as fraudulent 787 in all of its original inop beauty… you can’t seem to do another flight plan within a current period

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.