MSFS freezes loading into a flight to a new installed marketplace airport

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

I’m using normal (no developer) mode.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

The issues occurs each time, after I have installed a new marketplace scenery and try it out for the first several times

Brief description of the issue:

After I have acquired a new airport scenery from the MSFS marketplace and have installed it I load into a flight starting from that new marketplace airport. Then the sim freezes when loading into the flight at the moment, the loading bar shows about 70% of loading. This occurs even after restarting the sim and trying again, restarting the sim in safe mode plus deleting the scenery cache plus restarting it again and loading into that airport. When I several time have switched airplanes and starting airport and try it again then sometimes it works eventually. Than I have to shutdown MSFS using the task manager.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

see description above

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

NVidia RTX 2060 with 6 GB VRAM and newest driver

PC specs and peripheral set up:

PC, Intel i7-9600, 64 GB RAM, NVidia RTX 2060 with 6 GB VRAM.

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

it shows nothing.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

The last marketplace airports, that I freshly used when seeing the bug: MK Studios Keflavik, MK Studios Philadelphia

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Which airport?
Uninstall the Market Place airport, restart msfs and then try msfs with the default airport.
If the default is a custom made airport, uninstall it from the Content Manager if it is possible, then install the Market Place, restart msfs then try again.

It still could be a Bug, but maybe happens for a specific reason?

We’ve moved your topic into the General Discussion & Community Support category.

The Bug Reporting category is for posting suspected or confirmed bugs that other users are able to reproduce. Using the template is required in order to provide valuable information, feedback, and replication steps to our test team.

If you are not sure if your issue is a bug or need further input from the community, please use the Community Support category. If the community can replicate your issue, first search the Bug Reporting category to see if there’s an existing topic. If it already exists, contribute to that report. Duplicate bug reports will be closed.

If you believe it is a new report, then create a new bug topic using the provided topic template.

All issues caused by or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. Assure that no addons/mods are used when reporting issues in Bug Reports.

Taht’s OK.

Meanwhile I found a workaround showing, that this is a bug and not dependent of the marketplace piece of scenery beeing selected:

• When I’m creating a new flight starting from an other airport next to the new one or in the air next to the new one the flight loads successfully and I even can fly to the new airport without problems.
    When I’m starting a new flight directly at the new airport after that - even the same, that froze during my first attempt - this fly from now on loads normally.

Strange…

Yes strange indeed!
But I am glad it is working.
If it starts acting strange again, come on back and keep us up to date!

Good Flights

Unfortunately the problems are back - especially almost everytime I try to load a flight using Inibuilds new A300-600R (sonetimes ending in a CDT). A bug ticket is already placed for the Inibuilds support. And the workaround is not helping here… Probably a third-party-addon-problem with this airplane or a MSFS-problem showing up in combination with new products…

2 Likes

Does this happen with the 310 as well?

I did not try the a310 after the a300 problems but meanwhile I’m included in a testing team for inibuilds in the Discord community. So this will take some time for me…

1 Like

After having about ten uselesss attempts to load a flight without freezing MSFS I deleted the shader caches and after that I could load the same flight without problems and in a very fast loading time too.
Probably there is a problem within MSMS and the shader caches.
I will watch this and see, if the problems reoccur and if the success together with deleting the shader caches was only by chance…

1 Like

Unfortunately this was not the solution, one day later I had the same problem: freezing of MSFS when loading a flight with the same aircraft and same starting point, that worked without problems a day before and I did not install new addons in the time between…

2 Likes