MSFS freezes while flying default A320 Neo

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

N/A - no mods or add-ons

Brief description of the issue:

Tim Gilbert Today at 20:36

All of a sudden, with the two most recent NVIDIA drivers, every flight with the default A320 Neo freezes. The entire sim freezes, but the sound remains. I cannot use Alt+enter to enter or exit full-screen mode. I am forced to shut the sim down by using Ctrl+Alt+Del.

This has happened for four flights in a row. It happens about 15-20 minutes into each flight with the default A320.

This did not happen on or before 1/19/2024 (full-successful flights without issue in the same plane).

For the past four flights, each partial flight does not log in the logbook.

I am using a high-end Dell PC with no modifications/updates/hardware changes since purchase. I am hard-wired to high-speed internet. I have no add-ons or marketplace purchases or additions of any sort.

The only recent software installation prior to this beginning to happen was the drivers for the Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder pedals I just purchased. I followed the instruction manual in installing those drivers and setting up the rudder pedals.

The other plane I fly regularly is the default C172 (G1000). These freezes are not occurring when using that airplane.

Peripherals being used: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick and Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder pedals (via USB 2.0).

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

N/A, the sim freezes and is unresponsive (except for sound), must use Ctrl + Alt + Del to exit the program.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Load an IFR flight from and to any destination using the default Airbus A320 Neo. Takeoff and use the autopilot to climb and cruise. For me, the sim completely froze four times in a row and it appears that I can no longer use the default A320 Neo.

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

GPU drivers version
GPU manufacturer and model
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

Troubleshooting steps
Updated NVIDIA driver (became available 1/24/24). The problem remains before and after this updated driver.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Windows 11
Microsoft Flight Simulator Build version

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

I followed the instructions but cannot find this.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Zendesk report: Request #206888

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Thank you. I posted a link there, too.

1 Like

Update: I have tried two separate default A320 neo liveries and have NOT had the problem repeat. The problem, I recall, was with the blue default Microsoft/Xbox livery.

I had this same error with the B787X trying to fly from KSAN to KDFW. I’ve tried 3 different times, and each time it froze up as I approached cruise altitude over El Centro.

A different livery seems to have possibly stopped the freezes for me. I wonder if a different default livery will resolve this problem for you.

Do you use Navigraph?

I had the same issue, freezes during climbs.

I got the tip to remove the AIRAC from navigraph. I did it end reinstalled again. Now it seems to work with no problems.

I do not. Using the different stock livery seems to have potentially resolved it for me.

Happens on xbox as well. Game froze up yesterday for the very first time, using PMDG DC6. Had to quit game and restart!

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I have MSFS freezing when I fly the Boeing 737-800 and the Airbus 320. The problem started yesterday and I need to use control-alt-delete to get out of the program.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I get this on every flight from MMMX to MMVR at exactly 76nm from APN to MMVR (MMMX>APN>MMVR).
The only way I have found to resolve it is to spawn at my destination airport and use slew mode to follow my flight path backwards to the location of the lock-up.
Once I’ve loaded the area I can successfully complete the flight normally, however after restarting the game I’ll run into the same bug again.

In 40 years of games i never see one bugged software like msfs, i did buy on Xbox series x and i did buy many add ons like airport, airplane and scenaries, it’s incredible how Microsoft permit to sold bugged addons this doesn’t happen in other games i have in xbox msfs is the only one game that crash every time i play, airplain black screen before to landing or take off, restarting a fly plain crash msfs and i nedd to restart it, yesterday i have to restart xbox, masfs at least 10 time… never have any problems with other games in xbox.

1 Like