MSFS keeps hiding my mouse pointer

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

My trackball’s cursor vanishes during the flight. This happens with all aircraft and every flight, and it can happen at any point, from just a few minutes into the flight (before I’ve even taken off) to an hour-plus. I’ve tried moving the USB trackball across all my USB ports, from the slowest to the fastest. No changes. When the cursor disappears, it also removes the focus from the FS window, so inputs from my keyboard and the buttons on my controllers don’t work. The axes of the controllers (Direct X-based?) appear to still work.

After further research I’ve discovered that I only lose the cursor within the sim. I still have full cursor control on my computer of any software or controls that are NOT within the sim. I can get the cursor to reappear, although briefly, and with only limited authority by opening other windows on the computer that are not inside the sim. While I can press features on the airplane’s panel the brakes stay locked and I cannot open any windows within the sim since the keyboard keys and controller buttons are still inactive. But the cursor vanishes again anyway after 15 to 20 seconds.

Any ideas? Anybody?

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

My controllers are CH Fighterstick and Pro Throttle, and TM Pedals. The trackball is a Kensington Orbit, and I’ve tried using both the native MS drivers and the Kensington add-on software.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1.34.16.0 The computer was new-built in February and had a defective MB, which was replaced. Any problems I had with previous versions were probably caused by the bad hardware.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: