MSFS missing from Microsoft Store

Following a recent Windows update my MS Store is now empty.

If I search for MSFS it does correctly say that I own the product but I was wondering if there’s any way to restore it to the Library in MS Store, where it currently says ‘there is nothing in your library’.

Thanks for any advice.

Hello,

I had the same problem the day before yesterday following an update, and today my entire library is visible again.

I specify that I could launch MSFS either by my direct shortcut from the SDK “fsdevmodelauncher.exe” without problem.

Try a restart of the computer or a reset of the MS Store.

Or,

1: Close the Microsoft Store app if currently open.

2: Press the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog.

3: Type WSReset.exe into Run, and click/tap on OK.

The WSReset tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.

4 A “command prompt” will now open without any message. After about 30 seconds, the command prompt will automatically close, and the Microsoft Store app will open.

I have had this problem for 3 weeks now. Same as original poster.

The game is in the XBOX store App, but not in Windows Store. Done all the resetting, logging in/out, reinstalling etc etc.

NADA

Is the account linked to the pc?

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/content

In the MS Store, search for “Microsoft Flight Simulator” and attempt to launch it. (I now remember that everything became visible again after this manipulation)

Sometimes it could be library search filters …

Some people have managed to see the library contents again after several account login / logout.

1 Like

It is in the Store when I search for it. I think what I meant was it’s not showing in my library of installed apps. But it does show as in the XBOX App Store Library.

Thanks for the answers. Now this really is strange.

If I select the store and go to ‘My Library’, the PC spends a few seconds trying to search and finds nothing.

However, if I go to the top and, instead of selecting ‘All types’, select ‘Games’ I get a list which includes MSFS. If I select the ‘Apps’ Option then my MSFS digital ownership is listed.

Previously the ‘All types’ (default) option would have listed these so it appears it’s a bug with the Store app.

I did try resetting and it made no difference.

I’ve just solved it.

I renamed some directories, and went into the XBOX App and tried to load it up. It then immediately said it’s offline and needed re-installing. I then re-installed it to the same place as originally, copied the contents back that I renamed and it mysteriously appeared in the Store after a reboot.

Curiouser and curiouser as someone once said :rabbit:

same issue - MSFS not in my Library
did wsreset - still not there
go into store & search for MSFS
finds it, says installed
click it, click PLAY button
says Microsoft Store Package Installer
then opens to store again - MSFS still not in library

rebooted - MSFS loading now…

I havent played the game for a few months and I was going to download it again but when I was trying to I couldn’t find it in my Microsoft Store Library or my Xbox app library. When I search for it, it tells me to buy the game. I also had the Premium version.

I havent played for 6 months and this is what i had to do

1. update microsoft store app and update or install the xbox app for windows 10
  2. reboot
  3. microsoft store
  4. Goto apps on left menu, (is for xbox now so its an app) rolls eyes.
  5. Search bar type microsoft filght simulator
  6. then it lists the types and select the one you own
  7. then you see “install from Xbox app”, click that.
  8. xbox app opens with a blue button " install you own this" click it
    (you can do a drop down and install of the 3 types.)
    then the rest is up to you how you want to set the path etc.
    good hunting
1 Like

It is f…ed up to the point that MS cannot fix it anymore. On my main PC, it is installed, but I cannot purchase any content. On my notebook, it does not even show up in the app in the store (despite resets etc.). One of the largest companies in the world cannot even get their easiest things figured out. Pathetic.