MSFS Mobile Companion App - Map, NAV, AP and more [New Freeware Released]

Good day, thank you for software.
I`ve got error with ARD frequency on standart cessna 152.
Its sets wrong.

1 Like

Minor bug report. It crashes if the simulator isnā€™t running instead of prompting the user to start the simulator and restart the application (or trigger a key sequence to reset the code stack) otherwise it works fine for me.

Thank you. My mistake was to start the app before MSFS.

1 Like

Seems like your S9 is having a trouble accessing your PC. But letā€™s try to rule out some possible issues:

1. Make sure your S9 is connected to the same local network (WIFI) as your PC.
  2. Start a flight in MSFS and then launch MSFS_MCA.exe. Then load up localhost:4000 in a browser on your PC. Let me know if you see the Mobile Companion App in your browser. This is to rule out that the App isnā€™t loading properly.
  3. Run cmd.exe and type ipconfig an hit enter. Youā€™ll see a list of various IP addresses. The tool does a pretty good job identifying the right one but in some cases (multiple ethernet/wifi cards) it might show the wrong one. Try the other ones on your S9 and see if it works. Donā€™t forget to put :4000 at the end of the IP address.
  4. Make sure your local network is set to ā€œprivateā€ and that no firewall is blocking access to your PC.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out! The problem is that the C152 doesnā€™t use a STBY to Active frequency swap for the ARD. Iā€™ll add a direct ARD input in the next version.

I agree. Iā€™ll try to iron that out in the next version. Thanks for the tip!

In the 747 the vertical speed works but is not reflected by the simulator until i turn it off and on again with the switch in the cockpit. The app switch doesnā€™t fix the vspeed display on the AP headunit. It is reflected correctly on the PFD.

You advertise that this can be used on an IOS device. I downloaded the file into my IPad Pro but I am unable to open the .exe file. A Google search tells me you cannot open Microsoft format files in an IPad. Iā€™m not overly tech savvy so I donā€™t know if that is true or not. Do you know the procedure for installing this in an IPad?

You run the app in windows on the same PC running Flight Simulator, make sure Flight Simulator is started first. Then run Safari on your iPad and enter the web address that is shown in the app window on your PC.

1 Like

Fantastic work, thank you very much!
I will take a look in the morning :smiley:

1 Like

Just like @Quatro said. You download and run the MSFS_MCA.exe file on your PC. Make sure you run it after you start a flight. Youā€™ll see an IP address once you start MSFS_MCA.exe - it will be something like 192.168.0.xxx:4000 (donā€™t worry, if itā€™s different). Finally, you type in the IP address in your iPadā€™s browser.

Thanks for the info. Iā€™ll double-check this issue. Unfortunately, AP can be a bit buggy. To me it seems that depending on the plane the bug is due to a) the plane itself, b) the App not using the right AP controls/switches or c) both.

I donā€™t fly the 747 so I might contact you for additional help. I hope youā€™re OK with that. Thanks!

The 747 is fun to fly albeit a total bear to land. My most recent landing rate a landing gear trashing 960fpm :joy: bye bye shock absorbers. See ya later hydraulic system.

Thank you.

WOW!.. Many Thanks Topperā€¦ This weekend i download and try.
Great contribution to the comunity. THUMBS UP!!!
:+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2::+1:t2: :+1:t2:

1 Like

ThankĀ“s very much! Your tool is working now and im having a blast using it!

1 Like

Hello Topper. I was able to get the app and my computer to connect and really enjoyed the experience. I was having some difficulty getting the auto pilot to respond when making altitude adjustments. When making changes in the app, they were not being carried over to the sim. Have you heard this and do you have any suggestions? What order should adjustments be made and activated?

Hi Busta.
Unfortunately, the AP can be a bit buggy depending on how you use it. The next update will focus on fixing the AP and enhancing itā€™s functionalities. In the meantime, here is how to best use it:

1. Engage the altitude AP. The AP will hold your current altitude.
  2. Set your desired altitude.
  3. Engage the vertical speed AP. Adjust the vertical speed with the +/- button.
  4. Once the AP reaches the desired altitude, it will automatically switch from VS to ALT mode.

I know itā€™s not ideal, but Iā€™m working on fixing it. Hope this helps for now.

hello,

which simconnect variable is adf use
pls send me the var

many thx

Hi!

You say WIFI - my computer is on Ethernet (cable) and my phone use WIFIā€¦ Will this work? Because i can not get it to workā€¦