MSFS Not starting Error Code: (0x89235106)

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

When starting, whilst “checking for updates” I get the message “Something went wrong launching your game. Error Code: (0x89235106)”
If I disable internet access, the game loads, but then requests I insert a disk, which I do not have. (MS Store version).
I have tried disabling MS Gaming services via the registry, and reinstalling it from the MS Store, but this did not work.
All Windows updates, including optional, have been applied.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Not relevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

vs 1.25.9.0 Worked last week

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hi, I have the same problem, everything is updated !

Try restoring defaults in the Nvidia Control Panel. If that doesn’t work, try reinstalling your Nvidia drivers. I had the same issue this week, and I did both these things to restore the game (reinstall Nvidia drivers, then restore defaults) so I am not sure which one solved the problem.

Yes same results at previously reported bug

Hi,
This same error code has disabled my MSFS today after months of trouble-free use. The screenshot above is identical to my computer’s response. MSFS starts to load…sign-in is normal, albeit a bit slow. ‘Checking for updates’ is next, and after 30-40 seconds, the ‘unable’ warning is shown…as above.
History…earlier in the day, I downloaded a TBM930 repaint and installed it as usual in my community folder…basic stuff. Before attempting to load MSFS, I logged into Microsoft Store to check any updates. Two or three were updated, and I proceded to load MSFS as normal…that’s when the program failed. And after several system re-boots, still no luck. The recently downloaded repaint has been removed, and still no success.
At the same time all this was happening, my modem became u/s, and the technician was summonsed and he replaced the faulty modem.
Web access, email etc have been restored and that issue has been resolved.
Can someone offer any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Just an update to my post above…
My problem was solved by deleting/disabling my Kaspersky Virus protection.
Will check it out later as to …‘why’
But I hope this helps someone

2 Likes

I have the same issue as above. I have Avast Premium anti-virus. I have to disable the firewall in Avast to get my Flight Simulator to run. The error started after updating to MSFS Update 10. Curious if anyone else has tried shutting down their firewall.

1 Like

I had the same problem and my fix was to whitelist the “gamingservisces.exe” file in my firewall. I use TinyWall.

Same thing happened to me when I had a VPN connection connected.
Disconnected VPN, and then I was able to start MFS2020.

1 Like